Quick 2015 deleted review

higherlife

Reaction score
Mine only "hisses" till warm so I'd say something is off. The only other time it'll do it is after driving, the vanes open and close a couple times only lasting a few seconds. The old stocker did that. Have you tried maybe returning to stock and reloading the tunes? Could it be exhaust brake related possibly, wasn't there a bug in the tuning that kept the exhaust brake from working? I'm just guessing as I have a retro fitted 12 but I'm sure it'll get worked out.

Keith

Exhaust brake still does not work. It blinks then shuts off. I will try to reload the tunes, i am starting to have get worried.....i might have spoke to soon

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'd almost bet that it has something to do with that. Id say once the exhaust brake issue is fixed, it'll also cure the vane issue at idle.

Keith

higherlife

Reaction score
I'd almost bet that it has something to do with that. Id say once the exhaust brake issue is fixed, it'll also cure the vane issue at idle.

Keith

im just wondering how i can temporarily fix this now that everything is deleted. do i put everything back to stock????

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I wouldn't take the exhaust off. Probably just need an update on the tuning. I'd call whoevers tunes you're running and explain to them what it's doing, bet they'll get you taken care of. If you return to stock, not starting the truck, and then reinstall the tunes, it won't hurt anything and maybe clear up the idle issue? Mike (Bigrpowr) is really helpful, maybe give him a shout, he'd be able to steer you in the right direction.

Keith

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Never mind, read original post. My exhaust brake is down to for the moment also, don't worry. We will be seeing a new set of tunes that has all the latest stuff very soon! Ive been deleted for a few weeks now.

higherlife

Reaction score
I got an email from Mike and i feel better now. Very soon we will be getting updates.
I put the truck back to stock and reprogrammed it but it didnt help. I'm hoping the update will take care of it.

lobe50

Reaction score
I was following this post and was wondering if anyone had updated info on the exhaust brake issue ? Has it been fixed?

Also are there any approx power increase #'s listed with the 4 PIP tunes?
THANX

20156point7

Reaction score
With the updated tunes mike sent out the exhaust brake is active but it doesn't seem to work as good as when it was stock. The tune levels I believe are level1 40hp level 2 80hp level 3 120hp and level 4 150hp. I keep mine on level 4 most of the time it runs very strong and smokes a lot which I like!

20156point7

Reaction score
Torque levels are level 1 90ft lbs level 2 is 185 ft lbs level 3 is 225 ft lbs level 4 340 ft lbs. like I said the tunes are very strong, I def would recommend pip to anyone looking to tune their 2015. The shifts are good too.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Torque levels are level 1 90ft lbs level 2 is 185 ft lbs level 3 is 225 ft lbs level 4 340 ft lbs. like I said the tunes are very strong, I def would recommend pip to anyone looking to tune their 2015. The shifts are good too.

I have gotten no complaints from any customers on the pip tuning, everyone seems to be very happy !

dcswetman

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the shifting with my pip tunes. But I'm coming from a gearhead tuned 6.4 with a suncoast. They are just so sluggish in comparison, but I guess that's comparing apples to oranges. I hope they grow on me.

crazyken1121

Reaction score
So whats everyone deleting with 2015s doing about warranty? i know its a personal choice but, has anyone had any issues with their truck since requiring warranty work or getting to any hassle with it? not stupid to the subject just not familiar with abrand new truck, just older models were a warranty wasnt there haha. thanks guys also whos everyone using for their deletes and whats the pricing?

thanks Merry Christmas

dcswetman

Reaction score
I have 13k on my truck, deleted at 8960, with not a single problem. The way I looked at it is if something was going to break it would in the first 10k and 8960 was close enough to that number for me

higherlife

Reaction score
So whats everyone deleting with 2015s doing about warranty? i know its a personal choice but, has anyone had any issues with their truck since requiring warranty work or getting to any hassle with it? not stupid to the subject just not familiar with abrand new truck, just older models were a warranty wasnt there haha. thanks guys also whos everyone using for their deletes and whats the pricing?

thanks Merry Christmas

no problems what so every. PIP v2 tunes are definitely the cats meow.

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
You have to think, most of the warranty issues come from the products that you are removing

Latest posts

Members online