Rudy's first Tow Power-X/stock fuel build

Boostfed

Reaction score
Been trying to find tools to set up the pinion from scratch for the past 2 days. Located most of them but probably won't attain them until Thursday. Hopefully, it'll be good to go shortly.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How are we looking David?

i hate to say it, but ive been on aaron's ass probaly more than you have i think!! he said all specialty tools would be there in the morning and no one was allowed to leave tomorrow until your truck was on the dyno. the tow power x was my concoction and im dying to know what it does. i have a sick feeling its gonna make as much or more power than mine does. hoping for the best for you buddy!

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
i hate to say it, but ive been on aaron's ass probaly more than you have i think!! he said all specialty tools would be there in the morning and no one was allowed to leave tomorrow until your truck was on the dyno. the tow power x was my concoction and im dying to know what it does. i have a sick feeling its gonna make as much or more power than mine does. hoping for the best for you buddy!

Awesome! I appreciate that. I didn't know that the Xs were your idea. Very cool man. I dig em. The high powers were out of my range, and the Tows were what I was going with. But these things sing a very nasty song, and I dig it! Are you still running stock fuel as well? I just figured that you would have some more fuel added in there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome! I appreciate that. I didn't know that the Xs were your idea. Very cool man. I dig em. The high powers were out of my range, and the Tows were what I was going with. But these things sing a very nasty song, and I dig it! Are you still running stock fuel as well? I just figured that you would have some more fuel added in there.

nobody knew it was my idea. i was just trying to help find some alternatives to really expensive turbo kits, kinda just came out in conversation. i have stock fuel. i guess i could have any fueling i want, but i wouldnt change the smoke free, low temp bad ass street truck i have. i assume you will have something scarily similar.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
nobody knew it was my idea. i was just trying to help find some alternatives to really expensive turbo kits, kinda just came out in conversation. i have stock fuel. i guess i could have any fueling i want, but i wouldnt change the smoke free, low temp bad ass street truck i have. i assume you will have something scarily similar.

That is exactly what Aaron and I discussed when he pitched these to me. He knew I was going with a pretty descent size build, and offered these as an alternative to Tow Powers, and not near the price of the jump to High Powers, and the fact that I could run stock fuel, and be nearly smoke free. I have driven hot rodded vettes, camaros and mustangs, and my uncles porche, and nothing I have driven can measure up to what this rig can do, and it hasnt even been fully unleashed yet.... new trans, gears that arent hanging on by a thread, and some tunes from Innovative or KEM should fire this thing right up! I can't wait to let her rip this weekend! I love this thing already, and cant wait to get my new 450 a little bit of motivation as well... Yup, I def caught the diesel bug....

Boostfed

Reaction score
Got the gears back in tonight. They were a serious PITA due to some differences in the aftermarket gear and the stock gear. Lee spent about an hour on the phone with Motive Gear today getting this sorted out. As soon as its filled with fluid it'll be ready to spin the rollers.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Got the gears back in tonight. They were a serious PITA due to some differences in the aftermarket gear and the stock gear. Lee spent about an hour on the phone with Motive Gear today getting this sorted out. As soon as its filled with fluid it'll be ready to spin the rollers.

Right On! See you tomorrow afternoon then!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.