Single shot injection?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
the 6.0 had one at idle but they got rid of it because the injectors couldn't keep up from what i understand. But anyhow the 6.4 has 2 preinjection events one main injection and one post. With the dpf removed tunes the post is removed, but there is still 2 preinjection events. I would like to do what your saying and lose one pre event and also maybe drop the pulse width to half on the preinjection event. And i think your right it should keep the spike in a safe range.

3brorce

Reaction score
Matt and I have talked about this before in the Gearhead section. Benefits of single event tune would be cooler engine temps, egts, coolant temp increase faster, less injector wear, and a slight increase in mileage. Only downside may be increased cylinder pressures I think. May just have to mess with main timing to get her to fire off and not smoke on start up. Seen single events in the cummins for sometime now with EFI.

3brorce

Reaction score
What do you drive? You seem to post a boat load. Over 1,000 posts in 6 months. Post whore!

Stroked777

Reaction score
I think it's definitely something to work on. Even 1 pre injection shot would reduce the spike. And like stated before less the injector had to work and maybe run a longer PW due to a little more fuel staying in the rails, this is just my two cents

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I think it's definitely something to work on. Even 1 pre injection shot would reduce the spike. And like stated before less the injector had to work and maybe run a longer PW due to a little more fuel staying in the rails, this is just my two cents

I agree 100%! I think im going to try a tune as soon as i get time.

Stroked777

Reaction score
i just got my cam core refund so im getting an unlock code tomorrow and then gunna get ahold of matt asap! maybe ill try it out and talk to him and see what he says

Highroller54

Reaction score
dam I love that sound, its like a real truck now lol. I would like to know all the tradeoffs. Egt's, cylinder pressure, mileage, power, cant wait to see what comes of it!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I love this idea and am interested in the outcome for my dad's truck. He has been missing the clatter of his 6.0 lol. I don't see how cylinder pressures would be much of an issue since the 6.0 and 7.3 ran fine (ish) without it... And also someone said the pilot injection shuts off at a certain rpm so it shouldn't affect WOT cylinder pressure should it?

My question is, is this the kind of thing that can be switched on-the fly? It would be awesome to be able to turn it off for the drive through and what not.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
After reading Matt's facebook comment he said it's not easy to turn pilot injection back on.

Reaction score
I really like the sound of the single shot injection. Sounds like it might open up more opportunity for more power with stock fuel. Might have to pm Matt soon

powerstroked08

Reaction score
After reading Matt's facebook comment he said it's not easy to turn pilot injection back on.

Yeah but the only thing is i think since that was in August 2011 he was using sct to turn off pilot injection. On MCC it seems pretty easy to turn it off. You can turn off pilot injection 1,2 or both. As well as disable it at just about any given rpm/torque.

Stroked777

Reaction score

You gotta also remember with MCC you can back up tunes and stuff. Make a tune with pilot and with out and save them as seporate tunes, you can always go back. That's why you makes a back up file of the original, write the new tune and then try it. If its not right just go back to the one saved before

Latest posts

Members online