Single shot injection?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok so i might as well post an update. I made a tune with what I would call partial single shot injection. And it seemed to work well.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I would like to see the milage differance between the two tunes but i dont really drive in an area that i can get a good idea of mileage. So i guess when i can get a good read on what the differances are i will let you guys know. But power wasn't down that I could tell smoke wasn't bad and the noise wasnt bad either. I really think it would make decent mileage on the highway if anybody wants to try it.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm kind of attempting to ease my way into removing the pilot injection to a point. My thoughts were to keep the second pilot event to keep noise down while still "preheating" the cylinder for the main event. Then I removed the second event at the highway speeds to save as much fuel as possible. This way you would already have boost built up so smoke wont be much of an issue if at all. Plus at highway speed you really dont notice the noise differance. I would really like to try this tune out on the highway soon! I think it will do well. I did try it around where I live but I'm pretty much in the sticks so I didn't get much time at a steady highway speed.

SLO DZL

Reaction score
Haven't been on the highway yet either but all my pre/pilot injections are removed. Only difference ive noticed is its louder, not huei loud but deff louder than stock. Oh and u need to advance ur main injection timing on the 500-725 rpm area to allow the truck to start like normal. Mine took longer to crank and would haze white smoke until I advaned the timing a few degrees.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I wish i knew or had access to some 6.0 timing tables, that would help out a lot as far as to where to put the timing at. Even if we split the differance to start off and worked with it from there. But either way thanks slo dzl for the heads up on the timing changes for start up.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I wish i knew or had access to some 6.0 timing tables, that would help out a lot as far as to where to put the timing at. Even if we split the differance to start off and worked with it from there. But either way thanks slo dzl for the heads up on the timing changes for start up.

Maybe someone on the h&s forums has a stock 6.0 file you can compare too and work from there

Stroked777

Reaction score
Haven't been on the highway yet either but all my pre/pilot injections are removed. Only difference ive noticed is its louder, not huei loud but deff louder than stock. Oh and u need to advance ur main injection timing on the 500-725 rpm area to allow the truck to start like normal. Mine took longer to crank and would haze white smoke until I advaned the timing a few degrees.

What do you set the pre injection table to all zeros?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
There is 2 preinjection activation menus to either turn it on or off. 1 being on and 0 being off. There is preinjection activation 1 and preinjection activation 2.

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
ok i just turned off prev. 1 and 2 activeation switch , so how do you advance the timing? and by how much

and also a little off topic, but i see there is post injection, if thats set to off that mean no more dpf right?

SLO DZL

Reaction score
So far the truck is running fine, wouldn't know I had done anything to it if it wasn't louder. On the timing, I just started advancing it a couple degrees at a time untill it started like normal again. Figured if the pre-injection shot was about 9* BTDC, then working the main from 4* ATDC slowly to about 3*BTDC wouldn't be to big of an issue.

SLO DZL

Reaction score
ok i just turned off prev. 1 and 2 activeation switch , so how do you advance the timing? and by how much

and also a little off topic, but i see there is post injection, if thats set to off that mean no more dpf right?

Not 100% on the post shot being for the dpf but it would make since if it was.

Stroked777

Reaction score
So far the truck is running fine, wouldn't know I had done anything to it if it wasn't louder. On the timing, I just started advancing it a couple degrees at a time untill it started like normal again. Figured if the pre-injection shot was about 9* BTDC, then working the main from 4* ATDC slowly to about 3*BTDC wouldn't be to big of an issue.

you got a screenshot of the timing tables? and do you do all the config and temp tables to the same values

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

Latest posts

Members online