Stock turbo vs Batmowheel vs Billet 71mm

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
my point is theres gonna be a point were the high pressure turbo can only push so much air so who knows if the high pressure can push all the air the 71 is pushing
until someone adds more fuel to the mix i dont see one being better than the other besides you get a rebuilt turbo but if your turbo on the truck is fine than what does it matter
Maybe someone will get some back to back track times

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
my point is theres gonna be a point were the high pressure turbo can only push so much air so who knows if the high pressure can push all the air the 71 is pushing
until someone adds more fuel to the mix i dont see one being better than the other besides you get a rebuilt turbo but if your turbo on the truck is fine than what does it matter

Looking at the curves provided by Aaron, it's obvious which one will perform better at the track.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I agree with that but jon walkers truck has proved that you can feed a 57mm turbo with a 91mm turbo and be fine...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
very true i rest my case

Your not entirely wrong tho. That same 91 feeding a 66 or 71 or something might make more power... how much... I don't know. Not enough testing to prove what's perfect. But im using this theory on mine to gain faster spool and hopefully not hurt overall power too much.

MINK

Reaction score
Your not entirely wrong tho. That same 91 feeding a 66 or 71 or something might make more power... how much... I don't know. Not enough testing to prove what's perfect. But im using this theory on mine to gain faster spool and hopefully not hurt overall power too much.

Same here, Jons setup is making me want to do a 85 or 88 feeding my stockers. Plenty of air and great spool-up, so long as it all works.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
what ever happen with jons truck... what was the out come power wise and daily driver wise...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think its pretty drivable but the nozzles make it pretty smoky from what I understand its got big azz nozzles

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
One of my buddies spent a couple days in Rexburg, and checked out the truck then. John wouldn't race him for whatever reason, but should've beaten his 550 hp duramax. Hopefully John will chime in, but I bet if it's still alive he babies it everywhere to keep from killing the engine. I can only imagine how much boost and backpressure that thing makes, and what it does to stock valvetrain.:biggun: If the engine lasts a while, I'd love to see feedback on how the 2 pressurized turbos handle being force fed that much.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How many gates does he have? Iirc he had one big dog ... But the gating would need to be substantial feeding those tiny turbos I would imagine.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I want one bad I am just confused at how everyone was saying a month ago that this would be pushing it to make 600-610. What was the change. And what should one expect out of KEM 345 or Hd 300?

Keep in mind aarons dyno reads a little high compared to a Dynojet

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
One of my buddies spent a couple days in Rexburg, and checked out the truck then. John wouldn't race him for whatever reason, but should've beaten his 550 hp duramax. Hopefully John will chime in, but I bet if it's still alive he babies it everywhere to keep from killing the engine. I can only imagine how much boost and backpressure that thing makes, and what it does to stock valvetrain.:biggun: If the engine lasts a while, I'd love to see feedback on how the 2 pressurized turbos handle being force fed that much.

When was this? Ill race it but Im driving it very grandpa like to let the trans live. Truck is still alive, Driveability is AWESOME....Trans not so much. The trans and boots has been the weak links so far. Id order some diesel site boots but the site says their on backorder.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i was wondering how happy a transmission could be in a lifted truck at that power level with that much weight all the time.

Hows the smoke jon?

Latest posts

Members online