sureflow injection

under pressure

Reaction score
Im no injector gooroo, but having the 4 variables from the graph says alot. Im leaning on a 200 nozzle to keep PW down and ICP up. 238/200 or 250/200

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That is pretty stand up in my opinion Joe. Here I thought you were an azzhole! Chiste!

I've always said and done that.

Its very rare you will hear me comment on something I have not run...

I dont like the man represented himself, but I cant bash the product at this point in good faith.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Im no injector gooroo, but having the 4 variables from the graph says alot. Im leaning on a 200 nozzle to keep PW down and ICP up. 238/200 or 250/200

Talked with Matt at full force about that, and words righjt out of his mouth were just go for the 250's due to there being only a slight diferrence between the two FWIW.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
RPMs do matter to an extent - but remember you will always have at least 7 times the amount of pulse width of the injection event to refill the injector under the most demanding situations.

TyCorr

Reaction score
RPMs do matter to an extent - but remember you will always have at least 7 times the amount of pulse width of the injection event to refill the injector under the most demanding situations.

This.fixed variable comes from where? And also how are we to figure out if an injector is emptying? In other words, is there a way to calculate if a 238cc hybrid is being emptied with say a 200% nozzle. Or are the variables too many and too dependent on the parts and tuning running them?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Talked with Matt at full force about that, and words righjt out of his mouth were just go for the 250's due to there being only a slight diferrence between the two FWIW.

What is a 238? Its just a strange, odd number that probably has a logical reason for its use.as a common injector size. But why? Why isnt it 200,225, 250, etc?

Just another question Ive alwYs had.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
This.fixed variable comes from where? And also how are we to figure out if an injector is emptying? In other words, is there a way to calculate if a 238cc hybrid is being emptied with say a 200% nozzle. Or are the variables too many and too dependent on the parts and tuning running them?

Crash course - the injector fires every 2 revolutions (720 degrees) - it can't physically fire for longer than a 1/4 revolutions (90 degrees) - that means the dead time is 7/4 revolutions for it to refill. You can't have more than one injector ever firing at any given time thanks to the underlying control signals going to the IDM from the PCM (look up the FDCS signal and start reading....) - and even if you could - you don't really want to.

The amount of fuel being injected is purely a combination of pulsewidth and ICP - toss on a 200% nozzle and a particular set of injector mods and you can generate a 3D graph like I posted for it and then no matter what combination of PW and ICP you have - you'll know exactly where it falls. Remember when we say its a 238cc injector - that is a 1000 count test - so the injector is actually fired under the test conditions 1000 times to achieve that volume.

neverkickn

Reaction score

The time it takes for the crank to spin through the firing order.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gotcha...ill read up.

As for the size, a 238 being an unmodded hybrid size, where do 200s originate from? Just a smaller.to begin with injector?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Gotcha...ill read up.

As for the size, a 238 being an unmodded hybrid size, where do 200s originate from? Just a smaller.to begin with injector?

200s (such as hypermax makes/was making) I believe were stroked A codes.... That could be way off though, not much experience with 200s honestly.

Does someone make a 200cc hybrid? If so what is different?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
How do the the larger nozzles react to being de-tuned? Will a 250/200 or 238/200 react similar to a 238/80 when being dumbed-down, or would there be issues with smoke?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
200s (such as hypermax makes/was making) I believe were stroked A codes.... That could be way off though, not much experience with 200s honestly.

Does someone make a 200cc hybrid? If so what is different?

A "hybrid" 200cc injector is a custom cut intensifier piston to allow a shorter stroke than what a 238cc hybrid has.

The 200 is perfect for the customer that want under 500 up and doesn't want to purchase an aftermarket hpop. We have seen 3000 psi icp With a stock 17* hpop.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A "hybrid" 200cc injector is a custom cut intensifier piston to allow a shorter stroke than what a 238cc hybrid has.

The 200 is perfect for the customer that want under 500 up and doesn't want to purchase an aftermarket hpop. We have seen 3000 psi icp With a stock 17* hpop.

Thanks Tim! I can see the appeal. Just doesnt.seem like too many are running them.

under pressure

Reaction score

Sounds exactly like what i need. 200/200 hybrid

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Here is a little more info on what the sureflow is, directly from the mouth of the builder.

-Custom built plungers and barrels modified to accept intensifier piston springs of a much higher spring rate than stock without coil bind
-Vop lower than typical B code vop for faster initial reaction
-Fast fuel and oil mods to accelerate reciprocation speed of the pumping element
-Intensifier leak off port mods to increase empty rate
-nozzle and poppet mods to decrease command soi delay

Almost everything in the injector is modified to amplify its contribution to the injection event.

Latest posts

Members online