the motor.....

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Everyone loves analyzing at someone else's expense. You'll always have Godzilla. She is a monster of her maker.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Shone, my Precision is out and the Tial water cooled is going in. After yours stuck, mine and Maul's numerous times I am going to change it out for peace of mind.
I may call GOGO about that intake if one of the rear pistons let go. Don't want to go through this again. Don't have a spare motor laying around to make it faster fix.

I called Aaron and they are switching mine over to the water cooled Tial as well. If anything its just peace of mind.

on a side note- the new elite manifolds will be debuting shortly, i cant wait for mine, but i wont put it on until i put a few thousand hard miles on my truck just to make sense of this.

Interesting.....Id like to try them out but I highly doubt I could get a set before my cab comes down next week. Just my luck

As for 150s, dual pumps, and max powers.......the results spoke for themself and it had more in it without a doubt. The combo is animal. I am downsizing the nozzles to 110s only because for a daily driver the smoke from 150s is just plain embarrassing. I will report back with results by end of week hopefully to include track times. We're gonna see what this heavy B will do lowered since we didnt get a chance at DPC.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I called Aaron and they are switching mine over to the water cooled Tial as well. If anything its just peace of mind.

Do you know what springs they are using in them? The ones that it comes with or some other weight? That is the one thing I haven't been able to get an answer on. It is the 44mm right?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
15 lbs of spring gets the gate to make about 60 psi of back pressure with no boost reference to the gate

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no im talking gauge pressure around 73 or so absolute back pressure.

Yes you can adjust it, but we have been finding that if you can get the spring rate close to desired back pressure, then the gate can be fine tuned a little easier.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
My findings have been 1 bar springs in the gate results in not needing a controller at all. Bp stays in check and netted 57psi of total boost with the precision gate. I then stepped the springs up to 1.2 bar when i pot in the tial gate and used an ams 500 controller. I am now able to achieve 62 psi of total with 27 coming from the low pressure. With 78psi of back pressure.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have manual controllers but should work out just as well. I am guessing you are seeing the best power/drivability from that set up?

I was just thinking, the 1.2bar springs. Will that make a difference since I am at almost sea level and you are at 5,000ft or whatever the elevation is?

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have manual controllers but should work out just as well. I am guessing you are seeing the best power/drivability from that set up?

I was just thinking, the 1.2bar springs. Will that make a difference since I am at almost sea level and you are at 5,000ft or whatever the elevation is?

probably compensates for the altitude but i dont know that for a fact

Erikclaw

Reaction score
probably compensates for the altitude but i dont know that for a fact

So I may be better off with the 1.0 bar springs? Hope Mike H chimes in cause I don't want to be changing these things out once they get in. LOL
I still have lots of time probably, my truck hasn't been touched yet. Stopped by yesterday and they are catching up on all the work they had stacked up. There were around seven trucks in their shop when mine was towed there tues. Funny how a shop in a rinky dink town does soo much business.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think you will be fine either way honestly, you can always use the boost controler to fine tune the gate

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.