the motor.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe he needed different tuning?

oh god.... relax on the tuning. not everybody has people fly out to tune their $hit. this isnt the 7.3 world. you do know that tadd and mike are very close, if tadd thought it necessary, it would have been done. they went for all out hp, they made 1160 horse on 150's, id say they did damn good.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Maybe he needed different tuning?

Yeah, maybe. But like I said, I think live tuning would be the only way to get around that. As Mike said earlier, for us out here on the west coast there are no tuners out here to take care of that. I won't speak for Shone, but I think Eric did some work with him. I know Mike from KEM was going to be out here in CA doing a few trucks but I am sure if he is, it will be while mine is still in the shop. And as Mike just stated, look at the power Shone put out! What else would be gained from it?

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Another benefit of the big fuel pressure is the atomization as y'all know.
I noticed a huge reduction is smoke running a standard 310 tune. With the 310 tune, I ran a 12.69 and after the CP3 I ran a >SMOKE FREE< 12.30 pass.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Another benefit of the big fuel pressure is the atomization as y'all know.
I noticed a huge reduction is smoke running a standard 310 tune. With the 310 tune, I ran a 12.69 and after the CP3 I ran a >SMOKE FREE< 12.30 pass.

I agree with the atomization, but you are LIVED tuned aren't you?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Joe, you were also not maintaining rail pressure before, there is where your smoke and lower power came from

These guys are maintaing pressure just fine, if they still got smoke the only way to get rid of it would be to jack the rail pressure up, and pull some PW out or leave the pw the same and jack the pressures up

Do i think some of these bigger trucks could use live tuning... sure

BUT food for thought

Mike has live tuned Hallers customer "Mal" and its made less power than shones truck did with same turbos but i larger nozzle on the same dyno, generic old tunes from eric on MY outdated livewire to boot.

HOWEVER mikes customers truck is pretty smoke free and the power isnt much less. i think it was 30-40 hp uncorrected difference but very similar build sheets

Shone is going to 110s ill be curious to see with no custom tuning how his truck likes the smaller nozzle

Last edited:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I've tried 140s with II turbos. I'm sure I could have pulled the pulse width back some more but there is no way it would have cleaned up towing. The egts were uncontrollable. The heavy fuel causes more egts problems than there worth. I miss ordered is the reason I tried them. I don't doubt it will make power I'm short bursts. But how streetable can it be.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Thats the point, less pressure resulted in more smoke running the generic 310 tune.

Yes my truck is live tuned. Right now I'm running a very nice street/345 tune with minimal smoke.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
with time, i think tuning can allow for a 150 nozzle to drive smoke free ect, but its going to take time, and live tuning, eric cant remote tune everyones problems out, it just too hard to do.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats the point, less pressure resulted in more smoke running the generic 310 tune.

Yes my truck is live tuned. Right now I'm running a very nice street/345 tune with minimal smoke.

I was just stating that people like shone with a 150 nozzle maintains pressure but still has a smoke issue, thats what i was getting at

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you guys are mucking up my blowup thread with good info, you know that right. cokshukkers.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Exactly as Dustin is stating, you can make the power with the big nozzles. But doing it smoke free for the masses is what most of us are after. In the future the tuning may be advanced enough to get this done, I hope that it is. Just sucks that the 6.4 platform is only around for a few years. I hope most tuners don't leave it as is and dive into the newer platforms.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.