the motor.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike, I drive my truck hard and daily. Dual pumps running full time. I'm 700HP minimum, Im running 12.2 and under consitantly for a long ass time now. I'm basically bone stock.

I see the big fuel guys and the big air guys and then Dustin all over the place. I say big fuel and Jeremy's set up is the hottest deal.

700 minimum? your truck runs a kunt hair faster than jeff dodd's crew cab with stock everything. lol man you're killing me. you dont have much if anything, and if jeff dodd had a ex cab, he would own you. i know it must hurt, it hurt me too. you say "12.2 for a long ass time now" how long has that been ? i went 12.30@110 2 years ago in a truck heavier than yours and it made , maybe 675 on the dyno. jeremy's setup, other than the american ride, which is mediocre in its class, hasnt proven anything, except that it seems to work. calling it the HOT setup, well, isnt merit that has been earned quite yet. i like the cp3 idea , but whats wrong with 2 siemens pumps? maybe its just that it takes more engineering and skill to make it happen.

Last edited:

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
12.11 to 12.3x... It's doesn't bother me. Those turbos are nearly twice as much cash as my fuel setup. And working with Mike last night, I may do 11's with some tuning, he thinks so. I bet your truck would run better with more tuning.

Don't get me wrong, I think those turbos are real ***ing sick. To see another truck breaking records does hurt or bother me, good for them and the 6.4.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Lets remember you have turbos and fuel so your set up is probably similar priced to mikes...

lubeowner

Reaction score
Just to throw out my stance on the fuel discussion. I have said from day one, all you can get from a perfect hp fuel system is for actual to equal desired. How you get there is up to the owner of the truck. Fuel setup is only part of the total build.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Correct....

Dusin, what do you think about stock fuel truc ks with these turbos? I seriously think some custom tuning should be required with these bad boys.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
You boys come talk to me when your knockin on 400 like I am. Til then...dare to dream.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
12.11 to 12.3x... It's doesn't bother me. Those turbos are nearly twice as much cash as my fuel setup. And working with Mike last night, I may do 11's with some tuning, he thinks so. I bet your truck would run better with more tuning.

Don't get me wrong, I think those turbos are real ***ing sick. To see another truck breaking records does hurt or bother me, good for them and the 6.4.

i appreciate your passion. im really happy with my tuning, i dont think thats an issue in the least. sure i would love to have tuners in my neck of the woods, but i live in l.a. so whatever. now my drag truck, of course i will care, thats what i plan on going fast in, my green truck is just fun. at 8350lbs it went 12.50, never broke 1400* and is an absolute blast to drive. it feels very similar to the motor i had when i made 680, just better throttle response and no egt issue. i never ran that motor down the track because of that suncoast DD solenoid. i didnt wanna break a shaft and grenade my $25,000 setup with a over rev. i decided to go back to stock and save all those expensive parts for a drag truck. when i went to the high powers, tadd wanted a test mule, because he thought it would be insane on a stock fuel truck. without WG tuning whatsoever it did 632, with my own WG tuning i did 645, but i have tight housings to keep my towing good. had i gone with loose housings and tuned the gates, guaranteed this thing would make 675-700 on stock fuel.

we all pick our pony, i tink you picked a good one, but i guarantee you they are 2 different animals to drive. mine has perks, and yours has perks. maybe ill throw on a dual pump kit and 110's, and see how we compare, since im buying a 2012 . that would be a cool comparison.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
I agree they are two different animals yet so similar at the same time. Big air and big fuel, both on well rounded street trucks killin it.

I remeber when my truck was bone stock towing during regen, My EGT gauge sat at 1400* for nearly 10 minuets. And your truck on a hot rod tune says under 1400* Thats pretty insane.

lubeowner

Reaction score
i appreciate your passion. im really happy with my tuning, i dont think thats an issue in the least. sure i would love to have tuners in my neck of the woods, but i live in l.a. so whatever. now my drag truck, of course i will care, thats what i plan on going fast in, my green truck is just fun. at 8350lbs it went 12.50, never broke 1400* and is an absolute blast to drive. it feels very similar to the motor i had when i made 680, just better throttle response and no egt issue. i never ran that motor down the track because of that suncoast DD solenoid. i didnt wanna break a shaft and grenade my $25,000 setup with a over rev. i decided to go back to stock and save all those expensive parts for a drag truck. when i went to the high powers, tadd wanted a test mule, because he thought it would be insane on a stock fuel truck. without WG tuning whatsoever it did 632, with my own WG tuning i did 645, but i have tight housings to keep my towing good. had i gone with loose housings and tuned the gates, guaranteed this thing would make 675-700 on stock fuel.

we all pick our pony, i tink you picked a good one, but i guarantee you they are 2 different animals to drive. mine has perks, and yours has perks. maybe ill throw on a dual pump kit and 110's, and see how we compare, since im buying a 2012 . that would be a cool comparison.
you should do dual pumps and 200s with those big turbos. That would be awesome. I have a couple customers trucks running twin pumps, swamps 100% over injectors and stock turbos. Very fun trucks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you should do dual pumps and 200s with those big turbos. That would be awesome. I have a couple customers trucks running twin pumps, swamps 100% over injectors and stock turbos. Very fun trucks.

i dont think anything over 110's would be remotely efficient. eric is running the same setup with 85's and a II pump, he made 720 with no wastegate tuning whatsoever. his has 750-800 EASY, just needs mike haller to come on out and dial the gates, or someone that knows how to. my turbos are relatively small, no WAY they could clean up 200's with the fuel of twin k16's.... mine is smoke free, all the time, i wouldnt trade that for the world. ill bet just an elite pump and 60's i could make well north of 700 with some WG tuning.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Remember Mike is in CA, we can't run around smoking the chit out of everyone and not get nailed for it. Unless it is lived tuned I see no way to run anything over 110's and not expect a smoky bitch. I only run 85's and from a stop I will smoke everyone out, from a 45 or so roll on it is not too bad. With 200's you will be just waiting for a cop to pull you over.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lets remember you have turbos and fuel so your set up is probably similar priced to mikes...

yeah it really is i would guess. many ways to skin a cat, and joe and jeremy are skinning it differently, pretty cool if you ask me, i just like the "no smoke" portion of my equation, and the ability to tow 15,000 lbs in x-street tune, WOT with zero heat issues.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
i dont think anything over 110's would be remotely efficient. eric is running the same setup with 85's and a II pump, he made 720 with no wastegate tuning whatsoever. his has 750-800 EASY, just needs mike haller to come on out and dial the gates, or someone that knows how to. my turbos are relatively small, no WAY they could clean up 200's with the fuel of twin k16's.... mine is smoke free, all the time, i wouldnt trade that for the world. ill bet just an elite pump and 60's i could make well north of 700 with some WG tuning.

:whs:

lubeowner

Reaction score
You will never know until you try it. Gotta break a few eggs to make and omlete. Worst that happens is it doesn't work. But maybe it will be awesome. Never know until someone tries it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You will never know until you try it. Gotta break a few eggs to make and omlete. Worst that happens is it doesn't work. But maybe it will be awesome. Never know until someone tries it.

Shone is/was running 150's, dual fuel and max powers. He hated it as a daily driver cause it was a smoky bitch. Now I don't see how running smaller turbos and more fuel will be better. Maybe in a drag truck but not a DD.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

tru dat. i just find myself on a fine line jeremy. i have a drag truck, i can and will do whatever necessary to make power. unfortunately it has to get towed by my green truck, for now at least until my 2012 happens. tadd and i built it for a specific reason, it just happens to make power and go sorta fast by default. the turbo combo i went with was based on response and egt for towing. i doubt many folks have a tow tune that makes 560 horse lol.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I'm in on the no smoke and towing all you want. I don't want to be labeled as a high school kid in the coal rollers association. LOL

Latest posts