the motor.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
thats not good.......

Are these gates failing because of the heat generated where they are located?

Maybe the water cooled Tial gate that Dustin posted is the answer.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2941

After hearing about Eriks and Mikes(if the gate caused it) I am concerned that this may become an ongoing issue.
With the heat generated from daily driving I am starting to think the gates internals are going bad causing the gate to fail, which then takes a turbo out.

Haller.....any results from the truck you installed one on?

I think I am going to go ahead and have Aaron switch mine over to the Tial and run water. I dont think Im going to be happy if I have to pull the cab again for this problem.

Erik/Mike are you guys going to do anything different than before in regards to the Precision gate?

Discuss......

my gate did not fail.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What about tuning, timing - cp? 3 motors now?

3 motors? I've never had a failure before this. I swap motors because I can and it's been the EASIEST course of action. As for tuning and that other bs you rambled off, who knows, I really don't care. Put my setup in your truck and you would be faster. LOL

BFT

Reaction score
the gate should not be failing because of location. majority of wastegates are made to be near the turbos or branched immediately off the exhaust manifold/manifolds.

i have never had an issue with mine and ive held 12-1400 for a while (3-5 minutes or more) with heavy loads and even more so in the summer.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
You , Erik , and Shone has a turbo go out from what I gather on here. I don't blame you on the motor swap. I'm sure some fine tuning on tuning might help things. Elite should send Mike M. a set to work with....

BFT

Reaction score
3 motors? I've never had a failure before this. I swap motors because I can and it's been the EASIEST course of action. As for tuning and that other bs you rambled off, who knows, I really don't care. Put my setup in your truck and you would be faster. LOL

:whs:

its a lot easier/faster swapping motors rather then having to tare everything down, send it to a machine shop to check the heads, deck the block and spend about $500 on gaskets, seals, washers and new fuel lines.

the motor had seen better days and i am quite surprised it lastest as long as it did with mike. the motor has seen quite a bit of nitrous, towed another truck to topeka and seen the abuse with mike.

BFT

Reaction score
You , Erik , and Shone has a turbo go out from what I gather on here. I don't blame you on the motor swap. I'm sure some fine tuning on tuning might help things. Elite should send Mike M. a set to work with....

you mean sell them a set to work with, correct?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

What are you talking about? You lost me.

BFT

Reaction score
mikeys and shones werent not the same turbo which they had prblems with. mikeys turbo is most likely fine but is changing it for peace of mind

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Joe. Mike's turbos are probably fine the tech found oil past the seals on the high pressure Turbo but the shaft felt good. I'm.sure what happened was the piston cracked. Created high crankcase pressure and forced the drain oil to not evacuate the Turbo thus pushing oil.somewhere... out the seals in this case. We don't know oon Erik for sure yet.

lubeowner

Reaction score
Aren't most of these motors breaking one of the back pistons? That was also what Rudy was breaking the most? Intake manifold restrictions with the extra air, not getting to the back cylinders enough?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
thats not good.......

Are these gates failing because of the heat generated where they are located?

Maybe the water cooled Tial gate that Dustin posted is the answer.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2941

After hearing about Eriks and Mikes(if the gate caused it) I am concerned that this may become an ongoing issue.
With the heat generated from daily driving I am starting to think the gates internals are going bad causing the gate to fail, which then takes a turbo out.

Haller.....any results from the truck you installed one on?

I think I am going to go ahead and have Aaron switch mine over to the Tial and run water. I dont think Im going to be happy if I have to pull the cab again for this problem.

Erik/Mike are you guys going to do anything different than before in regards to the Precision gate?

Discuss......

Shone, my Precision is out and the Tial water cooled is going in. After yours stuck, mine and Maul's numerous times I am going to change it out for peace of mind.
I may call GOGO about that intake if one of the rear pistons let go. Don't want to go through this again. Don't have a spare motor laying around to make it faster fix.

Last edited:

bstroked

Reaction score
PU ur yRYUyU y t. y YR TRYTY yttru. R ryyyuy e ye yrru tru yryrrur. T ree. EErru Rerrrwuu urur yyuyuu u I y

Sent from my tr yr DROIDX using Tapatarlk rarrain't rryursRr. YRR

cfdeng7

Reaction score
PU ur yRYUyU y t. y YR TRYTY yttru. R ryyyuy e ye yrru tru yryrrur. T ree. EErru Rerrrwuu urur yyuyuu u I y

Sent from my tr yr DROIDX using Tapatarlk rarrain't rryursRr. YRR

Already having a few cold ones are we?

Latest posts

Members online