the motor.....

BFT

Reaction score
Aren't most of these motors breaking one of the back pistons? That was also what Rudy was breaking the most? Intake manifold restrictions with the extra air, not getting to the back cylinders enough?

i think that you are on to something.

although on shones motor, the one with melted pistons, the front ones are the ones with problems. different circumstances since nitrous was invovled

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
this is exactly happened to my truck last year coming back from finals with mikes truck 800 miles away towing 16k. heard a pop and looked out and was pouring white smoke out. at first i thought i just popped a turbo but code came up for cylinder 2, weird thing was was it was 6 and 8 that cracked in the center.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
this is exactly happened to my truck last year coming back from finals with mikes truck 800 miles away towing 16k. heard a pop and looked out and was pouring white smoke out. at first i thought i just popped a turbo but code came up for cylinder 2, weird thing was was it was 6 and 8 that cracked in the center.

i think this motor was hurt when it was put in, just never showed any signs.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Stock fuel and more air... lower Egts... I don't know...

My truck has lives at 1000 degrees Egts for the last year or longer I thought for sure it would hurt a piston before anyone else

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Apparently big air is uncharted territory. Big fuel EGT’s don’t worry me. Nitrous and big air might need some serious fuel pressure.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i dont think we're onto anything. considering my motor blew white oil smoke at startup since i got it, it was prolly hurt. tadd had 2 stages , 110 injectors, and an II pump. truck made about 900 horse and 50 passes before i got that motor. if we're onto something, we'll see real quick.

joe- you're making 650-675 horse, i doubt you're gonna smoke a piston unless you kick the $hit out of it with both pumps on day in and day out. rudy's is living just fine with just a ported manifold, and 1250+ horse. who knows, good thing IDGAF, i just like a fun street truck, and thats what i have.

on a side note- the new elite manifolds will be debuting shortly, i cant wait for mine, but i wont put it on until i put a few thousand hard miles on my truck just to make sense of this.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Mike, I drive my truck hard and daily. Dual pumps running full time. I'm 700HP minimum, Im running 12.2 and under consitantly for a long ass time now. I'm basically bone stock.

I see the big fuel guys and the big air guys and then Dustin all over the place. I say big fuel and Jeremy's set up is the hottest deal.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Until we start monitoring every cylinder we just wont know. I tend to believe until are tunes can run the new programs you will see more blow up as Dustin has stated before. On the other hand that was my gogodiesel manifold on the flow bench.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.