Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think the 6 inch inlet is overkill anyway. But I think what ill do is put my filter minder in and see if it sucks it in or not.

Jd. I'm probably not going to take the light out ill probably copy Matt and cut a hole in a stock headlight and run an intake pipe thru it so it looks somewhat factory. I hate how trucks look with no headlight

eric.davis

Reaction score
I would get a plastic mold of the headlight and just get it painted to look like a normal one. I think it would be cheaper and you don't have to worry about getting another assembly just to cut into it.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
I found a headlight for $40 at a truck dismantler and cut a hole in it lol. It wasnt a good light but it didnt matter

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Couldn't you just use one of the GTS tinted headlight covers and cut a hole in it and make some brackets to attach it with? That way your not cutting up a good light.

I thought of another idea I was going to try on mine too. I thought of reverse mounting my LP turbo were the compressor inlet was facing the firewall and the discharge was facing the headlight and then doing a down pipe that would 90 down and then 90 back to tie into the exhaust. Its all in my head and I don't know if it would work like that or not for sure because I haven't torn mine apart yet. Any how just and idea that I figured would allow me to use a bigger filter but your running a bigger LP than me too so I'm not sure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm sure the filter could be bigger just not sure how much bigger.

I thought about reverse mounting too but I think its too much work and too much hot parts to insulate.

The headlight cover is a good idea sometimes you can find cheap lights on eBay for 50 bucks or so.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm sure the filter could be bigger just not sure how much bigger.

I thought about reverse mounting too but I think its too much work and too much hot parts to insulate.

The headlight cover is a good idea sometimes you can find cheap lights on eBay for 50 bucks or so.

Yeah it was just a thought, Im still tossing ideas around on what to do.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
got some more good news today, i found the original turbo outlet for this atmosphere turbo, its a cast peice with a v-band outlet, looks like i can cut it, and weld my 4 inch downpipe into place and make it work, glad i found that, i really didnt want to weld on the exhaust housing.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think the 6 inch inlet is overkill anyway. But I think what ill do is put my filter minder in and see if it sucks it in or not.

Jd. I'm probably not going to take the light out ill probably copy Matt and cut a hole in a stock headlight and run an intake pipe thru it so it looks somewhat factory. I hate how trucks look with no headlight

That would look naughty.... I had a buddy that did that to his evo and it looked killer if you eve noticed it.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Couldn't you just use one of the GTS tinted headlight covers and cut a hole in it and make some brackets to attach it with? That way your not cutting up a good light.

I thought of another idea I was going to try on mine too. I thought of reverse mounting my LP turbo were the compressor inlet was facing the firewall and the discharge was facing the headlight and then doing a down pipe that would 90 down and then 90 back to tie into the exhaust. Its all in my head and I don't know if it would work like that or not for sure because I haven't torn mine apart yet. Any how just and idea that I figured would allow me to use a bigger filter but your running a bigger LP than me too so I'm not sure.

Hmmmm i smell a hood stack with a 90 up thru the hood :thumbup: LOL

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Mines silver so it would look just as bad LOL But it would look and sound bad ass

Latest posts

Members online