Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im gunna stick with elite i think, tadd has been far too good to me, at this point i dont want to throw parts at it.

I soaked the header wrap on my uppipes, worked great, down pipe and uppipe were tight as hell when i took it off last time.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Soaked, ok I'll ask the dumb question whats the purpose of that?

It would have the same affect as soaking rawhide in water then wrapping it around a object.

When it drys out look out!!! You can not move it if your life depends on it.

That would also be a old Indian trick, Wrap the guy you don't like in soaking wet rawhide, Then stick him out on the sun to dry out. It would be like a boa constrictor wrapping you up and squeezing the life out of you.

Does that give you the general idea?? Or just a mental picture?? LOL

White_monster

Reaction score
lol... dont think that will be happening. i would love to know how many he has in stock though, i would like to get one.

Give him a call Mike. Pretty sure he can make them happen. He is busy with other projects too thou, ie my pistons.

Dustin I'm curious what Tadd is building, is it going to work with max powers?

Matt

Reaction score
Dustin, I don't know if this has been discussed, I didn't see it, but how tight of a housing does your s510 have on it?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
tadds intake should work with stock(ish) style turbos

Matt its got a 1.15 A/R housing on it, i think thats as tight as they come unless someone makes a custom one thats tighter.

Truckfest gave me motivation to finish my rag and make it look nice.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes its pretty common a/r for them I think. I'm gunna make your plate next week I think Matt

Charles

Reaction score
Wrapping is what you do when you want to give the part the absolute best chance possible at overheating and failing as well as the best possible scenario for starting corrosion and oxidation.

gman1

Reaction score
Wrapping is what you do when you want to give the part the absolute best chance possible at overheating and failing as well as the best possible scenario for starting corrosion and oxidation.

Some people say the ceramic coating peels off over time and now your saying wrapping isnt good. So do you suggest just leaving them bare?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
not wrapping the pipes really isnt an option... there is alot of stuff jammed in the small space and lots of wires close by, if the pipes only last a couple years so be it, better than a 1000 dollar wire harness

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
Dustin, maybe I missed, but are you going to put a inner fender back in? Reason I ask is with the filter will be right there, seems like it will get filthy fast.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dustin, maybe I missed, but are you going to put a inner fender back in? Reason I ask is with the filter will be right there, seems like it will get filthy fast.

yes and i think its going to fit with minimal trimming, im hoping to only have to trim for the down pipe and leave the rest, im actually going to try and mold the fender to fit with the down pipe if possible... wanna be sneaky pete if i can

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.