Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
will you just put it together already

I know man things just havent been working out get away to work on her... this weekend... i sure hope

Are you dumping the gating around the second stage to atmo? If not, then unless something about physics doesn't apply to the 6oh, then I think you may either be doing more gating than you think, or maybe be running some massive boost, lol.

Just saying. Ease up to full power the first time in case the old girl tries to go triple digits...

LOL

Looks good man.

Im gating between stages, the gate is hooked to the uppipe and feeds the hot pipe, no gate to atmosphere or down pipe or anything like that yet. Im not sure how much gate im actually going to need, im basically set up to gate again between stages or down pipe just depends on what i need.

Im only wanting about 65 psi of boost

This came in today, just about the last of parts that i need, i did overlook the serpentine belt so ill have to measure that and get it tomorrow

2011-09-01_17-03-02_606.jpg

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I know man things just havent been working out get away to work on her... this weekend... i sure hope

Im gating between stages, the gate is hooked to the uppipe and feeds the hot pipe, no gate to atmosphere or down pipe or anything like that yet. Im not sure how much gate im actually going to need, im basically set up to gate again between stages or down pipe just depends on what i need.

Im only wanting about 65 psi of boost

This came in today, just about the last of parts that i need, i did overlook the serpentine belt so ill have to measure that and get it tomorrow

2011-09-01_17-03-02_606.jpg

Who makes that blanket?

JDub

Reaction score
Looks like one of Levis blankets, Turbo Performance Products. Same blankets we use on all our setups.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yup levi sent that to me, there is alot of material there, quality is good, ill check the fit tonight, he just took a measurment and sent me that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i finally got to work on er some yesterday, doesnt look like i got anything done but most of the day was spent tucking wires, routing a/c lines ect and the oil drain... that went in the front of the oil pan but im not really happy how it turned out so ill see how she does before i really give the details, i do know one thing when you drill the pan do it in the middle, i thought i was going to make things easy by going off to one side but it turns out there is something in the way for the fitting to hit inside the pan, but the good news is the front of the oil pan is above the oil level so thats a plus

2011-09-04_21-32-06_953.jpg

2011-09-04_20-15-19_141.jpg

2011-09-04_20-15-04_595.jpg

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Looking good! I know its hard to find time to do anything with little ones around ....

Your close dude...

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Looking good Dustin. Hopefully the oil drain will work out the way u wanted it too. Im anxious to see how u did it. Wats the 6 inch pipe gonna be for?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Gotcha u gonna extend the filter a little bit? BTW stupid question where did u relocate ur washer bottle too?

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
well... bad news, i broke the bolt that holds the gear to the injection pump so it pretty much held my day up, i still was able to finish alot of little things i have been putting off like the crank case vent and stuff like that...

Heres some pics and a sneak peak of what it should look like completed

2011-09-05_19-40-07_634.jpg

2011-09-05_19-44-47_528.jpg

2011-09-05_19-44-58_222.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Gotcha u gonna extend the filter a little bit? BTW stupid question where did u relocate ur washer bottle too?

No i just needed a place to join the filter boot and the filter, so i just needed a 3 inch wide peice of pipe to join them together, I also had to extend the MAF sensor harness
Lookin good buddy! I like that chode-ly little filter lol

Its a little guy, i put a filter minder in the elbow so i will know how bad it is, but i still dont see how i could run any bigger filter

Latest posts

Members online