Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So close buddy !! what did you do on that ccv ??

****Z cuztom!!!!

UMM... im really not going to recomend that anyone runs out and does this to their oil filler, but i was pretty commited to it after i drilled the first hole

I had to put a plug in the other end because it was too close to the hot pipe to run a hose, so i used a 1/2 pipe plug and capped it off.

Then i drilled 2 1.25" holes in the ccv, what i didnt know is there is about 3 different layers inside the canister, and you MUST drill all the way thru the canister otherwise it wont flow enough air to both hoses to do anything, the hose is actually just pressed in the canister nothing is holding it in other that a tight fit. i sure hope it works, i just have it dumped out by the right front shock for right now so i can monitor the smoke comming out and make sure i dont have any oil drip from the splash inside the valve cover... ford puts the baffles inside the canister for a reason.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Diggin it !! looks good to me , just wondered how or what you made a connection with ... should work good i think .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
We will see, lots of experemental stuff going on right now... LOL

ONly real problem with doing this is it fills the thing full of plastic so i spent a good amount of time flushing it with water and compressed air to get all the peices out, i dont think it would hurt anything but i would hate that junk to get in the engine. I just knew i wanted double the crank vent then what i had so this was the easiest way to get it.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
No i just needed a place to join the filter boot and the filter, so i just needed a 3 inch wide peice of pipe to join them together, I also had to extend the MAF sensor harness.

Gotcha.Its gonna be awesome when finished. Where did u end up putting the MAF sensor?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
in the intake elbow, thats the only place i had room for it. All i did was punch the elbow out, drilled some holes, and made another plate that matched the mass air flow sensor, and basically smashed them together to seal, with a dab of silicone aound the plate and the mass air flow sensor, should be good, then for the filter minder i just punched a 1/2 hole in it and stuck the minder in the elbow as well. looks almost factory LOL

As an update i ordered my pump bolt, will be here in the morning so ill head out after work and try to get as far as i can, not going to promise a damn thing tho :D

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Nice and ur right it all looks like its supposed to be in there. She should run like a raped date. I bet ur anxious to turn the key finally.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Nice and ur right it all looks like its supposed to be in there. She should run like a raped date. I bet ur anxious to turn the key finally.

You have no idea... pretty nervous to see how the thing lights... but im super excited

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Its gonna put u in ur seat for sure. That big turbo up front is gonna flow alot of air.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Ha ha. Your kids are going to need 5 point harnesses! And maybe neck gaurds. You will need a chest gaurd for when your wife hits you. The "But it just runs so good" excuse will get old with her quick. Just kidding around.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ha ha. Your kids are going to need 5 point harnesses! And maybe neck gaurds. You will need a chest gaurd for when your wife hits you. The "But it just runs so good" excuse will get old with her quick. Just kidding around.

Haha I tried that line and it didn't get me very far at all with the gf. LOL "Quite driving like an a##hole" "but it hauls a##, I can't help it" it went down hill from there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.