Tow X turbos

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I'm still working on wastegate options. I talked to elite today a coulpe of times but I think they want tadds answer on this. I will have something in the mail tomorrow. Dustin has his gate in hand ready to send I just don't want to take his without a solution. But I will have to tomorrow if I don't figure something out. That Dustin is a stand up guy!

BFT

Reaction score
that means he thinks youre cuteLOL just kidding

dustin is always willing to help others. i would take him up on his offer that way you can get on the road. im sure he is also helping out tadd and elite since they are almost in the middle of moving.

they will help you out in any way they can, im sure and get you dialed and squared away.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i still think the precision gate is just fine. i may try out a turbonetics gate or 2 just to see. the turbonetics gates are very good and i never had an issue with any of them in the past.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Well i ordered a new water cooled Tial gate today. Should be here tomorrow. I will get it on and see if i can lite this thing.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you might need a bigger tune than a 150 to light that bigger turbo, i would try a 210 tow tune, and maybe a 275 tune and drive smart, i think that will net the best performance. For reference my truck wouldnt even spool the turbo on a 210 tune, that was with my single, but a 275 towed decent with the right set up, so thats something to consider. my vote is a 275 tow tune from kem, and drive smart...

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I called twice and left a msg. I will try to email him. I've been driving in tow haul to see if i like it and can't decide. It has its plus side but it holds the gears forever cause it thinks i have 20000 behind it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Are the egt's in check? May try the bigger tunes like Dustin was suggesting if your egt's are good.

BFT

Reaction score
depends on where you are at. the HP's felt like stock and it felt like it dropped for a brief secong until the charger lit...it was in pueblo where we were dialing everything in before the drive home

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
The diaphragm is melted. It starts to open as 20 psi back pressure. I think its been that way since the motor burnt down. Dustin and I were on the phone when I left AZ originally trying to get the boost up. It needs a gate before I will know anything.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
id try a huge tune.

The 300 h&s kind of got it going. It hit 40 psi boost. But that was with full boost to the top of the wastegate and atmosphere on the side. The hole is just to big in the diaphragm. Dustin was monitoring and said the pulse width was 2.2 plus. It was moving some fuel.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I have a feeling when that wg gets changed out you will have a whole new animal. Then you will be smiling again!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Oh you bet. I doesn't run bad for a only one turbo going. You just have to roll the fuel in on the top side or the egts will spike.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.