Trying decide on an Turbo setup

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
OP also asked about the MPD single kit and Andrew shared HIS opinion on it. When your opinion is completely wrong people are going to dispute it, that's a given. Saying single trucks have to be 850 horsepower pigs is kind of ridiculous.

Maybe you're failing your high school english class or something because you clearly cannot read. I stated I was aware that the OP asked about single kits. I gave my opinion on the topic. I never said they have to be anything. Go back and read. Better yet, stick to subjects you can handle. Like what it's like to pimp your dad's vehicles and how to ask to stay up past curfew.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
While we are on the subject here, what is it that makes some of Elite's setups whistle like they do? Is it mostly the precision HP and what part is mostly responsible for it? Compressor wheel, turbine wheel, ball bearing?

Does the modded, stock housing 62 whistle like the precision 62 in the High Powers?

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

It's mostly related to the BB HP turbo setup in compound. The VGT may play a part as well? I don't know how much though. I doubt it's anything relative to say a '03 6.0

jdgleason

Reaction score
While we are on the subject here, what is it that makes some of Elite's setups whistle like they do? Is it mostly the precision HP and what part is mostly responsible for it? Compressor wheel, turbine wheel, ball bearing?

Does the modded, stock housing 62 whistle like the precision 62 in the High Powers?

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

The whistle comes from the turbine wheel in the atmosphere. Vgt doesnt play a part

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Maybe you're failing your high school english class or something because you clearly cannot read. I stated I was aware that the OP asked about single kits. I gave my opinion on the topic. I never said they have to be anything. Go back and read. Better yet, stick to subjects you can handle. Like what it's like to pimp your dad's vehicles and how to ask to stay up past curfew.

I'll do that and you stick to typing numbers in a CNC and making products 100 other companies already have the market cornered on :thumbup:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'll do that and you stick to typing numbers in a CNC and making products 100 other companies already have the market cornered on :thumbup:

Yup. That's what I do, make the stuff you beg to have for your dad's ride. If you had a single clue it would be scary. Hopefully there is always a job cleaning toilets for you somewhere.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
This is a inside the cab shot. You can see that the High Powers from Elite have a very badass sound to them!!! They also light damb near instantly and build boost VERY fast. I have my setup setup for 59-59 psi of boost and about 71 psi of backpressure.

I also have duel pumps and 30% 6 hole nozzles and the turbo setup cleans up the smoke almost entirely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPUeFpo48rg

Last edited:

buck russell

Reaction score

Here we are once again with you, Steve. Nothing ever changes when it comes to these threads and you're responses. Why do you get so angry and have to shove it up peoples asses that you apparently know more? Reason I say apparently know more is because whether or not you know more is really up for debate at this point. I honestly think your responses are a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Given your responses and your attitude towards the members on this forum, I'm really surprised you stay in business. I'd sure as hell never give a god damn cent to someone who's as rude and condescending as you are! Not to mention, the parts you make really aren't that special and every bigger shop here really beat you to the market. It just amazes me that a forum advertiser takes the time to and, well, actually, probably goes out of his way to belittle other forum members and potential customers. Great business plan, Steve.

Lastly, and most importantly. After reviewing multiple threads you've posted in, its appears that you have a multitude of opinions and information on the facets of the 6.4 platform. However, I'm not sure I've ever seen you post picture of your own truck or state the number of trucks you've built. Do you even own a 6.4? Every thread you post in seems to be the same old perfunctory bullshit response...some information, your opinion and then you bashing someone else. So really, why should anyone here believe the righteous amount of sewage that exits your mouth? As I see it, you don't have a leg to stand on, you just have a keyboard to hide behind.

Good day to you, sir.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Here we are once again with you, Steve. Nothing ever changes when it comes to these threads and you're responses. Why do you get so angry and have to shove it up peoples asses that you apparently know more? Reason I say apparently know more is because whether or not you know more is really up for debate at this point. I honestly think your responses are a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Given your responses and your attitude towards the members on this forum, I'm really surprised you stay in business. I'd sure as hell never give a god damn cent to someone who's as rude and condescending as you are! Not to mention, the parts you make really aren't that special and every bigger shop here really beat you to the market. It just amazes me that a forum advertiser takes the time to and, well, actually, probably goes out of his way to belittle other forum members and potential customers. Great business plan, Steve.

Lastly, and most importantly. After reviewing multiple threads you've posted in, its appears that you have a multitude of opinions and information on the facets of the 6.4 platform. However, I'm not sure I've ever seen you post picture of your own truck or state the number of trucks you've built. Do you even own a 6.4? Every thread you post in seems to be the same old perfunctory bullshit response...some information, your opinion and then you bashing someone else. So really, why should anyone here believe the righteous amount of sewage that exits your mouth? As I see it, you don't have a leg to stand on, you just have a keyboard to hide behind.

Good day to you, sir.

You know what, I had a response written up to rebuttal this garbage but I am just genuinely not interested in going there. You have a grudge, and for what reason I have no idea. You were never called out or singled out by me in this thread, I've said that 3 times now. My replies were strictly directed at the OP's questions. My replies were based off my opinions. That's the best I can do to explain. I'm sorry that i didn't feel it was necessary to post my truck resume in my signature to garner credibility and thank you for telling me how terrible my business is.

Take care

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is the op only interested in whistle, that what it sounds like to me. You only ask about which ones whistle more. Sure it is an awesome sound but that is a lot of money to sound cool. I agree with Steve, singles have their place and make some awesome power but they have different manners on the street and towing.
For a street truck where spool is important I would always say a compound set up is best. Now before someone starts with their bs, this is my opinion. Yours is probably different. I don't know why we need to state this since it should be obvious.
Op, if you want the best bang for the buck I would do the 76mm drop in. Power etc from it is hard to beat.

Latest posts

Members online