Trying decide on an Turbo setup

Matt

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there that MPD's single kits are currently being redesigned.

Mbatten

Reaction score
I have 71/59 setup and love it for about $1200 you can buy the wheels and have housings cut to fit

Matt

Reaction score
As in how? Different sizes, housings? Don't see how much you could change on the systems.

That I'm not really sure of, Erik. I just saw something on facebook the other day about kits not being sold until the redesign came out.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Is the op only interested in whistle, that what it sounds like to me. You only ask about which ones whistle more. Sure it is an awesome sound but that is a lot of money to sound cool. I agree with Steve, singles have their place and make some awesome power but they have different manners on the street and towing.
For a street truck where spool is important I would always say a compound set up is best. Now before someone starts with their bs, this is my opinion. Yours is probably different. I don't know why we need to state this since it should be obvious.
Op, if you want the best bang for the buck I would do the 76mm drop in. Power etc from it is hard to beat.

I agree. I've only echoed what JD said earlier, but apparently I'm full of chit and absolute is in da dumps, for doing that lol.

Singles rock out, I said that earlier. Cost vs gain, I just don't see how they beat drop-ins that are out these days when you consider all the variables. That's just me, that doesn't mean they can't be used or shouldn't be used either. I think they have their place just like anything else. Pretty much borders the 4r vs. 5r threads, no right or wrong just two different factions with two different opinions.

Just throwing it out there that MPD's single kits are currently being redesigned.

I'd imagine they are being built to use factory uppipes? That should help cut cost tremendously.

I have 71/59 setup and love it for about $1200 you can buy the wheels and have housings cut to fit

I didn't know anybody was offering up just the wheels for purchase besides bullseye. Is $1200 with wheels and machining?

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Nice! What's that run?

Just the mount is a hair under $500, and for a whole kit with an s366 it's like $2k.

On edit: According to their website, that set up is being redesigned as well. I think they are hoping to have the new designs out in like 2-3 weeks.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
My Industrial tow powers are fairly quiet at low idle, but once its off of idle there is a nice whistle. Not obnoxious and nothing like the larger setups from elite. But it is very noticable and people say they sound great going down the road. The 08-10 cabs are a lot quieter than previous superduties.

buck russell

Reaction score
You know what, I had a response written up to rebuttal this garbage but I am just genuinely not interested in going there. You have a grudge, and for what reason I have no idea. You were never called out or singled out by me in this thread, I've said that 3 times now. My replies were strictly directed at the OP's questions. My replies were based off my opinions. That's the best I can do to explain. I'm sorry that i didn't feel it was necessary to post my truck resume in my signature to garner credibility and thank you for telling me how terrible my business is.

Take care

It's highly unlikely that you had any sort of response. In fact, it's rather amusing how you consistently perpetuate and instigate arguments for the sake of proving people wrong. This is easily seen across this forum...

Did you ever think that with a business such as yours, image is everything? The way you conduct yourself on the forum is a direct reflection on you and your company. Not to mention, it's extremely unprofessional.

Given your lack of responses to my questions, I can only deduce that you don't have any knowledge on the 6.4 platform; outside of what you've read and absorbed on multiple forums. Which, as everyone who's a forum regular will tell you, is conjecture at best.

Best of luck climbing the social ladder here on PSA.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
My Industrial tow powers are fairly quiet at low idle, but once its off of idle there is a nice whistle. Not obnoxious and nothing like the larger setups from elite. But it is very noticable and people say they sound great going down the road. The 08-10 cabs are a lot quieter than previous superduties.

Are the industrial turbos still a 71/59 setup?

RedRice589

Reaction score
Thats what mine caliperred at. For the price I paid for them and managed to keep my cores, I'm very happy with them.

Didn't read thread thoroughly how many miles do you have on the industrials? I was planning on going that route because of cost and if I backgrade into another 6.4 I'm definitely upgrading...

Latest posts

Members online