Trying decide on an Turbo setup

Super08Duty

Reaction score
To the op, if whistle is all your looking for… I wouldn't recommend a single. singles don't whistle like a nice set of ball bearing compounds because the exhaust note is so loud. a single won't spool up or be as easy to daily drive as compounds. thats not an opinion, its fact. They're only good at relatively low altitude. Find a nice set of elite chargers and have a blast with them.

3brorce

Reaction score
I am in the same boat with compounds. Trying to decide if I should just to go with a 72 atmo or swap out both for a 59/71-72 setup.

sootie

Reaction score
i'm in the same boat, i started with a 71 then moved to a 73 now trying to decide whether to do a 59...it never ends

Motostroker

Reaction score
While we are on the subject here, what is it that makes some of Elite's setups whistle like they do? Is it mostly the precision HP and what part is mostly responsible for it? Compressor wheel, turbine wheel, ball bearing?

Does the modded, stock housing 62 whistle like the precision 62 in the High Powers?

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

It's the low pressure turbine in the 76 and up atmos that whistle like crazy

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have a single HTT Comp S371, and it so far is the best set up I've had on my truck. It spools effortlessly and has some crazy top end pull. It also sounds pretty gnarly.

20131017_165215_zps4928ef61.jpg

Here a video just for sound reference. ( yes I know I need a new windshield )

th_20131112_083232_zps0599def3.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
To the op, if whistle is all your looking for… I wouldn't recommend a single. singles don't whistle like a nice set of ball bearing compounds because the exhaust note is so loud. a single won't spool up or be as easy to daily drive as compounds. thats not an opinion, its fact. They're only good at relatively low altitude. Find a nice set of elite chargers and have a blast with them.

I could never give up the versatility of compounds.

I agree completely. That was more or less my point. I'm a liar though because I don't have a signature resume! LOL

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
My next question is, does the Jr. High Power drop-in atmosphere turbo have the same turbine that whistles like crazy? Or is it different since it's not ball bearing?

jdgleason

Reaction score
My next question is, does the Jr. High Power drop-in atmosphere turbo have the same turbine that whistles like crazy? Or is it different since it's not ball bearing?

High power jr's don't whistle that much. Not the same turbine as the ball bearing precision 76.

Latest posts

Members online