Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

ja_cain

Reaction score
I would love to see the look on your face 30 seconds after we took off in my crew cab with 20,000lbs in tow and you had plenty of time to see the complete lack of anything coming out the taipipe while we were passing cars and surging the hell out of a 38r with a 1.15 housing at 1550 rpm!

Then I could ask, what now smart ass?

And the reason I ask about the smoke and post videos is because I'm honest and upfront. Secondly, my same program will also smoke like that on a 100 or a 30. I know because I've run them all just about! As I think I mentioned before I may have made the 30% exist! You're welcome!

And I said clearly, the problem is my lack of experience tuning for efficiency at idle. The stock file on the AEB pcm does not smoke with the 200's. This thread had moved beyond the I can'ts like you and Jim and the rest of us were discussing the solutions.
I've got an AEB pcm in my truck. Where do I send the check for a copy of your file once you get the idle haze issue figured out? Lol! Hell, I don't really care about the hazing as long as it runs as well as you say it does.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gearhead

Reaction score
don't screw with the icp vs timing compensators and I bet idle haze gets a lot better...

Charles

Reaction score
I've got an AEB pcm in my truck. Where do I send the check for a copy of your file once you get the idle haze issue figured out? Lol! Hell, I don't really care about the hazing as long as it runs as well as you say it does.

Do you have a 200% nozzle on a hybrid?

Charles

Reaction score
don't screw with the icp vs timing compensators and I bet idle haze gets a lot better...

I lost your number somewhere along the way. Call me sometime if you still have mine. I still use the simple map ses override you showed me every time I write a file I'll be using much.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Do you have a 200% nozzle on a hybrid?
No, but I will be in the market for injectors soon. I have always felt deep down that the 200% nozzle would be the way to go if they could be tamed. Like I said before, your thoughts on keeping pw low and optimizing timing really resonates with me. Also, I really like the idea of proving some people wrong about 200% nozzles, pmr's and heavy towing. :)

ja_cain

Reaction score
Charles, what did you do with your old compound setup from your red truck? Do you plan on ever going back to a compound setup?

Jomax

Reaction score
No, but I will be in the market for injectors soon. I have always felt deep down that the 200% nozzle would be the way to go if they could be tamed. Like I said before, your thoughts on keeping pw low and optimizing timing really resonates with me. Also, I really like the idea of proving some people wrong about 200% nozzles, pmr's and heavy towing. :)

Your 7.3 a manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
good god dont do that...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Kidding aside. I truly wanted to know if jcain had a manual, being Charles uses a manual PCM

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Kidding aside. I truly wanted to know if jcain had a manual, being Charles uses a manual PCM

yeah that would make sense unless ja-cain has a pcs laying around then it doesn't matter.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ja_cain

Reaction score
I've got a zf6 with that pcm. Ultimately, I would be happy with 350 to 400 smoke free hp at the wheels. The zf6 should be fine at that power level with the appropriate clutch. I even remember Charles saying that a while back. He's more of a power junky than I am, so I can understand his frustration. He also tows way more than I do or probably ever will. If not, I'll just do what he did and switch to an auto with the pcs.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
This talk about eh nozzles vs straight edm makes perfect sense. More turbulent flow, thus better atomization. Learned early on you don't polish the intake side of a head on a gas engine, especially if you are going to run it on the street. Not to mention velocity drops for the same amount of air when you hog them out. That will lower turbulence too.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
You may know better, but I'd say close to 10 years ago I felt that way about EH. Edm stuff was about as likely to crack as anything else plus I hadn't yet learned that a smooth nozzle hole was the enemy. If anything my extensive experience with the 30% EH should make it obvious that I above all else know what I'm talking about when I compare its capability to other options. I may have more dyno pulls on a 30 EH in the same truck than anybody on planet earth.

You suck at big nozzles. We get it. Don't sell them, unplug your phone, see a psychiatrist, whatever you need to do. Just stfu about it publicly. When you or Jim get a call about anything other than a stock 7 holer just slam the phone down. People don't need to talk to you to get a nice injector. I don't give one damn if you ever sell a 200 nozzle. You and Jim have nothing to do with people kicking ass daily running a 200edm.

Lead, follow or get out of the way...

You still can not get it through your thick skull.

Make sure you read this slowly at least 4 times and let it sink in.

More than half the people that call looking for injectors have a stock hpop, stock turbo, no fuel system, get the idea yet??? So they are looking for fuel capacity in the 160-175cc range, the tinniest sliver might even entertain a 200 hybrid (not because of capacity but because of design and the ability to use nothing more than a stock hpop).

Now why in the world would these people need a 200% nozzle, because you on your soap box is telling them they are idiots if they don't run them on their truck. That's exactly what they get out of threads like this because that's exactly where they say they have read it. And exactly like I said before if everyone knew how to do their own tuning then great they could make it work just fine for them, but guess what only a small percentage of people first of even know who tunes for these much less could even care to try it themselves. You are smart enough to figure out just how much PW is required to empty 160-175cc of fuel with a 200% injector I would think. But then again maybe you don't know how fast a properly setup injector is, maybe that's the issue.

Now again, tell me why they need a 200% nozzle?? Because in their mind they should be running either an AD/200, 160/200 or a 175/200, thanks to threads that have gone stray like this one. As the title actually says (I know because it was my thread) why you don't even need a 100% on an injector as small as 160cc.

If anyone wants to ask a "TUNER" about smaller nozzles and their ability I would tell them talk to Matt (gear-head) because I know for a fact he has seen what a simple little 80% can do. t wasn't by accident we have had customers drop their 250cc injectors for our 175's and be much happier and also claim their truck felt much stronger.

We have built every single injector for a purpose. Each has a window of operation that correlates to a task the user calls and wants to fill. Not a single person has called wanting to be able to inject sub 200cc in less than 2MS, not a single one EVER. I'm guessing because you haven't told them they need to yet.

Charles

Reaction score
How hard is it to tell them you don't know how to help them and if they want to rock out with a 200% nozzle they need to call someone else? Then just hang up the phone. If that's too complex, then just hang up the phone straight away.

You having awkward phone conversations where you have to try and skirt the fact that you don't inow what you're doing enough to have a decent nozzle perform as it should is a you problem, not a nozzle problem.

Stop confusing your deficiencies for those of the nozzle. Learn how to stop giving advice to people asking about things you don't understand yet. Just hang up the phone. They may move on to someone who can help them.

Again, running a little bitty 200% nozzle clean and crisp on an otherwise stock truck does not require anything from you. You are not an integral part of the equation. If you disappeared right now my truck would never notice.

I'm sorry you were the OP. Thankfully that deby downer attitude seems to be dying with you and Jim. Maybe we should cut the second half of the thread away so that the climb to the future doesn't have to be nagatively impacted by the likes of people like you who just want to push the controls back into a dive all the time.

If you will notice file sharing had already started, and we were starting to discuss a file storage area for ptp tuning to grow.

If you could just hang up the phone and keep your blinders focused on stock 7 holers for a while, the rest of us might handle this FOR you and yours!

And I don't even charge money!

Latest posts