tuning and Trans issue

maxxedout

Reaction score
My 2012 had a bad "D" solenoid... It took out the first transmission at 8,200 miles. (Truck was bone stock at the time.) The new trans wasn't right either, not until they changed the main control (valve body & all solenoids) several months later. Several months after that, Ford put out a SSM regarding a bad batch of "D" solenoids on the 2012's. Solenoid problems on these trucks are definitely not widespread, but they are out there.....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My 2012 had a bad "D" solenoid... It took out the first transmission at 8,200 miles. (Truck was bone stock at the time.) The new trans wasn't right either, not until they changed the main control (valve body & all solenoids) several months later. Several months after that, Ford put out a SSM regarding a bad batch of "D" solenoids on the 2012's. Solenoid problems on these trucks are definitely not widespread, but they are out there.....
great, so i have that to look forward too.. lol

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Morgan...did you get my PM?

Yes, sorry. I thought I replied. It's hard to keep track. Things have been a little hectic now that we are back down to one salesman (me).

So

Did the solenoid fix it or is the jury still debating??

Concerning the cost of a truck. Warranty claims have nothing to do with driving the cost of the truck up. I'm not sure where that mentality came from. If that was the case then the 6.4L should have been a $100,000 truck. LOL!!!! And the 6.7l should have been $200,000!!! LOL

I'm curious as to what they say whether your clutches are toasted or the solenoid is at fault.

And the reason I'm curious is because they originally claimed that the solenoid issue was limited to 2011 year model trucks only. But all the research I've done it has been across the board from 11-14. Haven't really read of any 15's with solenoid issues.

Sounds like it's time to see what causing the solenoid failures on these valve bodies!

I would say that the 6.4 should cost 200k and the 6.7 less based on warranty dollars. In stock form the 6.4 is a pos...

Are the 2015 trans stronger than the 6 4. 5r110w trans

I don't think in stock form the 2015 Trans is at all. The 11-14 are stronger but I don't think over all they are much different than a stock 5r. The shafts and planetaries are huge and grossly big compared to a 5r but the weakness on the o/d clutch (E-clutch) is a down fall in stock form. Plus the stock 6r converters are weaker than the stock 5r converter.

It will get better. A proper built 6r is a freaking boss transmission. Once we get a full bullet triple disc converter (coming soon, like mid year or so) that will change everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So

Did the solenoid fix it or is the jury still debating??

Concerning the cost of a truck. Warranty claims have nothing to do with driving the cost of the truck up. I'm not sure where that mentality came from. If that was the case then the 6.4L should have been a $100,000 truck. LOL!!!! And the 6.7l should have been $200,000!!! LOL

I'm curious as to what they say whether your clutches are toasted or the solenoid is at fault.

And the reason I'm curious is because they originally claimed that the solenoid issue was limited to 2011 year model trucks only. But all the research I've done it has been across the board from 11-14. Haven't really read of any 15's with solenoid issues.

Sounds like it's time to see what causing the solenoid failures on these valve bodies!

How do you figure its not?

Its as simple as money in and money out.

The only way to make money is to sell vehicles

IF you pay out money for warranty that drives the bottom dollar down... its really as simple as that.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The f250 is still being bought at the same price it was 5 years ago. Get a lariat for $47-48k. And a platinum for $57k~.

Why are the price of all vehicles going up then if your theory is on par..... .

A bunch of toyota camry guys ripping toyota s warranty off driving the price of the sienna minivan through the roof. A new sienna van is the price of a 2015 f250 lariat... lol.

Price has been drive. By design and new features. Look at what a new truck has technology wise verse it's predecessors.

I don't expect ANY of this to change your mind. Just stating an opinion based on broad facts of all manufacturers ever continuing price increase.

Here's one.... why does the price of a caterpillar (noncat re-labeled) forklift or excavator continue to climb? From a bunch of guys installing a dpf delete with some jokey tuner on the forklift so he can run 8 seconds to the end of the warehouse?

LOL

(I'm being very jovial. Please don't take this to heart)

Jd4455

Reaction score
Thanks for feedback Morgan ,I was just curious. Because I'll be deleting mine soon ,I hope I'll be fine as I only use mine on weekends and I never tow/haul anything with this truck. I'm just gunna have to stay away from the 4 wheel boosted launched lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The f250 is still being bought at the same price it was 5 years ago. Get a lariat for $47-48k. And a platinum for $57k~.

Why are the price of all vehicles going up then if your theory is on par..... .

A bunch of toyota camry guys ripping toyota s warranty off driving the price of the sienna minivan through the roof. A new sienna van is the price of a 2015 f250 lariat... lol.

Price has been drive. By design and new features. Look at what a new truck has technology wise verse it's predecessors.

I don't expect ANY of this to change your mind. Just stating an opinion based on broad facts of all manufacturers ever continuing price increase.

Here's one.... why does the price of a caterpillar (noncat re-labeled) forklift or excavator continue to climb? From a bunch of guys installing a dpf delete with some jokey tuner on the forklift so he can run 8 seconds to the end of the warehouse?

LOL

(I'm being very jovial. Please don't take this to heart)

lariats are selling for 47-48 ?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
A loaded Lariat around here is about the same as a Platinum....definitely not 10K less.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
lariats are selling for 47-48 ?

In both arkansas and texas. Matter fact they are listed as a final price at the dealer I rolled into in North texas awhile back. Vernon Ford I believe. I paid 47 for mine. New. Looks to be EXACTLY the same now. Ford in North Little Rock was going to let me have a 2015 KR for $57k. There generally a few more deneros than a platinum. I didn't even try to see what there platinums were. January. Best time of the year to buy a truck!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You can get then cheaper for sure but when I started comparing option for option between a Lariat and a Platinum the Lariats I priced were within a couple grand. I bought the Platinum because I would have spent the difference having Lariat bumpers color matched and the Platinum leather seems a little softer.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I agree.... and I've decided if I get a 15 or 16 this go around it will be platinum. And strictly because I don't want a two tone truck anymore I like the king ranches I just want a solid color.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You can get then cheaper for sure but when I started comparing option for option between a Lariat and a Platinum the Lariats I priced were within a couple grand. I bought the Platinum because I would have spent the difference having Lariat bumpers color matched and the Platinum leather seems a little softer.

i thought the same way , but went the opposite direction because the seats didn't feel any different and i didn't wanna buy a tailgate.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
i thought the same way , but went the opposite direction because the seats didn't feel any different and i didn't wanna buy a tailgate.

After having it a couple of months I actually like the tailgate. I always liked the grille better. Hell...even the goofy door handles are growing on me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
After having it a couple of months I actually like the tailgate. I always liked the grille better. Hell...even the goofy door handles are growing on me.

prolly cuz you're goofy ? id rather beat myself with a rubber fist than look at those things.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
In both arkansas and texas. Matter fact they are listed as a final price at the dealer I rolled into in North texas awhile back. Vernon Ford I believe. I paid 47 for mine. New. Looks to be EXACTLY the same now. Ford in North Little Rock was going to let me have a 2015 KR for $57k. There generally a few more deneros than a platinum. I didn't even try to see what there platinums were. January. Best time of the year to buy a truck!
yeah cuz we all have the option to travel half way across the country to buy a truck..

live life full throttle

Reaction score
I agree.... and I've decided if I get a 15 or 16 this go around it will be platinum. And strictly because I don't want a two tone truck anymore I like the king ranches I just want a solid color.

You know they make mono tone king ranches right?

That will 100% be my next purchase when my 15 goes down the road. They just didn't have the option for the early 15 trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online