tuning and Trans issue

higherlife

Reaction score
did your truck ever throw this code:
P0770 Shift Solenoid E circuit/solenoid failure
Triggers "Limp home mode," Transmission Warning light, and maybe Check Engine Light.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Is this dealer mod friendly? Curious if you took the truck as is or did you return to stock? Glad they got you figured out, hopefully that'll square you away.

Keith

Captaincworley

Reaction score
How long did it take you to return it back to stock?I dread if I ever have to return mine back to stock!

jcain

Reaction score
Thanks for manning up and taking responsibility for your choices... Oh wait..

higherlife

Reaction score
Thanks for manning up and taking responsibility for your choices... Oh wait..
There is always one dumbass that has to chime in and try to start an argument.
I'm still curious what would cause a solenoid to fail. Is it a defect from Ford that 1 in 1000 trucks get or is it something to do with modifying these trucks being heavily controlled by electronic sensors, monitors and what not that's causing an issue. Definitely has me questioning the reliability.

spanky24365

Reaction score
There is always one dumbass that has to chime in and try to start an argument.
I'm still curious what would cause a solenoid to fail. Is it a defect from Ford that 1 in 1000 trucks get or is it something to do with modifying these trucks being heavily controlled by electronic sensors, monitors and what not that's causing an issue. Definitely has me questioning the reliability.
I have read that any sort of debris ie. Metal shavings can cause the solenoid to fail.

Reaction score
To lighten the mood, the E-clutch also known as the OD clutch is the weakes one in the trans. They are the weakest link in the whole trans from the factory. Early ones had 6 later has 7 we put 8 in... Also the 2015 has one less friction and steel in the forward and intermediate clutch packs as well. We have reverted back to the 2011-14 parts in order to get the higher clutch count we desire.

So in fact the 2015 6r140 so far is proving weaker by design.

Also, when the E-clutch is worn badly they will throw a code for the solenoid because the tcm does not have a way to differentiate a bad solenoid and physically worn clutches.

Here is a picture of what came out of the last 6r we did.

aafaf87a6687a266d92574b1c74e7abc.jpg

0641cd7cba1d2c1214986ae6dfdbe5d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Nice friction and steels morgan! Throttle much? Lol

Those clutches are the result of too many youtube video shoots!

Regarding going to the dealership... Ford denies so many warranties down in these parts I could care less if somebody puts a truck back to stock and takes it in. None of you truly care of about Fords bottom line. It's more of a jealousy factor in the fact they are getting it done. WARRANTY AWAY!! lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
wonder why they would go to a lower count clutch set? Must have something to do with shift quality or something...

I knew i didnt but a 15 for a reason LOL

Captaincworley

Reaction score
It would suck to go through all the trouble of putting it back to stock just to be denied because of the flash count lol.Hopefully it's just the solenoid and nothing else.

Reaction score
Nice friction and steels morgan! Throttle much? Lol

Those clutches are the result of too many youtube video shoots!

Regarding going to the dealership... Ford denies so many warranties down in these parts I could care less if somebody puts a truck back to stock and takes it in. None of you truly care of about Fords bottom line. It's more of a jealousy factor in the fact they are getting it done. WARRANTY AWAY!! lol

Haha, I never expected it to last as long as it did honestly.

wonder why they would go to a lower count clutch set? Must have something to do with shift quality or something...

I knew i didnt but a 15 for a reason LOL

Yeah I would say the lack of failures in the 11-14's prompted them to try and save money..

It would suck to go through all the trouble of putting it back to stock just to be denied because of the flash count lol.Hopefully it's just the solenoid and nothing else.

For the op's sake I really do hope it's a solenoid.

spanky24365

Reaction score
To lighten the mood, the E-clutch also known as the OD clutch is the weakes one in the trans. They are the weakest link in the whole trans from the factory. Early ones had 6 later has 7 we put 8 in... Also the 2015 has one less friction and steel in the forward and intermediate clutch packs as well. We have reverted back to the 2011-14 parts in order to get the higher clutch count we desire.

So in fact the 2015 6r140 so far is proving weaker by design.

Also, when the E-clutch is worn badly they will throw a code for the solenoid because the tcm does not have a way to differentiate a bad solenoid and physically worn clutches.

Here is a picture of what came out of the last 6r we did.

aafaf87a6687a266d92574b1c74e7abc.jpg

0641cd7cba1d2c1214986ae6dfdbe5d0.jpg

Morgan so how will it be determined if it's the clutches and not the solenoid? Will the issues continue the same once the solenoid is replaced.

Latest posts

Members online