tuning and Trans issue

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Either way its not the right thing to do, KARMA

its against the law to even touch the emissions of tamper with factory tuning also... just sayin...

LOL... I know what you mean... I've watched the Ford dealers down this way take the Cat F550's to the bank and back again denying warranty for the exact same failure you had. Thats not the right thing on Fords behalf either. These trucks had zero water contamination to boot.

Transmission lines rubbing and failing spraying oil all over kingdom come... Denied... Oil filter housings leaking like a siv... denied because it didnt have a motorcraft filter on it... LOL

Let them eat a drag strip transmission under warranty every once in awhile!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have came to the conclusion that the odds are just as good to have a denied warranty whether it is tuned or not.... thats why i said *** it... warranty delete...

live life full throttle

higherlife

Reaction score
its against the law to even touch the emissions of tamper with factory tuning also... just sayin...

LOL... I know what you mean... I've watched the Ford dealers down this way take the Cat F550's to the bank and back again denying warranty for the exact same failure you had. Thats not the right thing on Fords behalf either. These trucks had zero water contamination to boot.

Transmission lines rubbing and failing spraying oil all over kingdom come... Denied... Oil filter housings leaking like a siv... denied because it didnt have a motorcraft filter on it... LOL

Let them eat a drag strip transmission under warranty every once in awhile!
Just curious, where are you talking about? You've said "down this way" and unless you mean florida, I doubt you can go any further down unless you live in South America or even Antarctica.
The ford dealership I go to down here in Florida is very understanding when it comes to the emissions equipment because they would have 0 diesel business if they didn't accept trucks that took off the dpf.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Just curious, where are you talking about? You've said "down this way" and unless you mean florida, I doubt you can go any further down unless you live in South America or even Antarctica.
The ford dealership I go to down here in Florida is very understanding when it comes to the emissions equipment because they would have 0 diesel business if they didn't accept trucks that took off the dpf.

Arkansas oklahoma texas. My tri-state area. It's down this way compared to Canada and Wyoming. This is ford denial warranty safe zone being it's the largest selling area for the superduty in the world.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope, this post is why your a dumbass. Don't see any morals or having any conscious, just a dumbass comment made by a dumbass.
im guessing his point was that the truck was deleted and tuned then put back to stock in hopes of the warranty being honored..

live life full throttle

spanky24365

Reaction score
im guessing his point was that the truck was deleted and tuned then put back to stock in hopes of the warranty being honored..

live life full throttle
It was regardless of warranty. Only way to truly diagnose issues was to revert to stock. It could have gone either way. If dealer wants to deny warranty they will regardless of anything else. I was told right off the bat they were not sure if it would be covered under warranty I simply said we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Let's figure out what's wrong first.

spanky24365

Reaction score
I love how all these assumption are made also. I dont recall saying anywhere that this was going to be covered under warranty. Simply stated The diagnosis ......

Reaction score
Morgan so how will it be determined if it's the clutches and not the solenoid? Will the issues continue the same once the solenoid is replaced.

Yep, if they pull the pan and see material that would be the first clue. But if they change the solenoid and it doesn't fix the problem or the problem shortly returns after the repair then you will know it's that specific clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
I love how all these assumption are made also. I dont recall saying anywhere that this was going to be covered under warranty. Simply stated The diagnosis ......

No, but your decisions are not taking responsibility and making the attempt to get it covered under warranty. Lets face it, the move was pretty incredulous but you feel justified in doing so. Whatever. The 'manning up' comment was on the minds of many but said by jcain--don't shoot the messenger. At the end of the day, you need to live with it.

Being a manufacturer to the big 3 and heavy truck, we discuss warranty claim BS monthly. Warranty is not a right, its simply a term of the manufacturer's commercial offer and everyone does it to stay competitive. Its a cost of sales and must be managed as fraud is common-- users and dealers are becoming more brazen every day and it is what it is. Good luck to ya.

spanky24365

Reaction score
No, but your decisions are not taking responsibility and making the attempt to get it covered under warranty. Lets face it, the move was pretty incredulous but you feel justified in doing so. Whatever. The 'manning up' comment was on the minds of many but said by jcain--don't shoot the messenger. At the end of the day, you need to live with it.

Being a manufacturer to the big 3 and heavy truck, we discuss warranty claim BS monthly. Warranty is not a right, its simply a term of the manufacturer's commercial offer and everyone does it to stay competitive. Its a cost of sales and must be managed as fraud is common-- users and dealers are becoming more brazen every day and it is what it is. Good luck to ya.
I don't see how I made any attempt to get it covered under warranty . Because I returned to stock to be able to fully diagnose the issue that's automatic malicious Intent?? It will be up to the dealer whether they decide to cover it under warranty or if I have to pay. LIke I stated crOSS that bridge when we get to it. Concern. now is getting the truck driveable. To all that are concerned about manning up why dont you reflect on your own lives for a moment I bet there isn't any of.you that has a clear conscience. Worry about yourselves and don't hate if I did fiND a dealer that decides to warranty

Dzchey21

Reaction score

well returning it to stock doesnt help your case any...

I have been ***ED hard by our local dealer more than once, would i like to shove a transmission repair up THEIR ass? *** ya, but in the end we all pay for warranty in the cost of the new truck. I don't really care that much, if they do fix it under warranty they will only repair the broken parts not rebuild the entire trans. SO thats fine. And if indeed the solenoid is the failure the tune didnt cause it. If the clutch is burned up... well..

gfulton

Reaction score
Nope, this post is why your a dumbass. Don't see any morals or having any conscious, just a dumbass comment made by a dumbass.

Damn I think you need to get layed....lol..I don't see any dumbass in that comment its just his opinion and I agree with it also.......

Reaction score
Damn I think you need to get layed....lol..I don't see any dumbass in that comment its just his opinion and I agree with it also.......

This whole thread is way out of wack imo.

I'm mean to really sum it all up we can do this.

Bigger turbo, mulpitle tuners, race tune, 2015 weaker trans to begin with and E-clutch is the weakest clutch pack in ALL 6r140's = most likely a burned E-clutch

Tuning is not to blame for anyone in particular, none was ever ran long enough and I'm sure all were subject to less that needed re-learn. And to boot the tune he was running when the Trans let loose is the same exact Trans tune that hundreds of deleted 2015's are using. So I can't say we can point fingers on that.

More HP, driving habits and weaker transmission from the start are most likely the main contributors.

If it's a solenoid then awesome. If they guy doesn't do his own work and ford does it for him then oh well. It doesn't matter to me.

No reason to get bent out of shape or point fingers in any direction. It's part of playing with power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
So

Did the solenoid fix it or is the jury still debating??

Concerning the cost of a truck. Warranty claims have nothing to do with driving the cost of the truck up. I'm not sure where that mentality came from. If that was the case then the 6.4L should have been a $100,000 truck. LOL!!!! And the 6.7l should have been $200,000!!! LOL

I'm curious as to what they say whether your clutches are toasted or the solenoid is at fault.

And the reason I'm curious is because they originally claimed that the solenoid issue was limited to 2011 year model trucks only. But all the research I've done it has been across the board from 11-14. Haven't really read of any 15's with solenoid issues.

Sounds like it's time to see what causing the solenoid failures on these valve bodies!

Latest posts

Members online