Tuning school

TARM

Reaction score
Can't help you as far as where in Minotaur but I do know Engine oil temp has an effect on SOI when cold. I would think there is a table to adjust MFD or SOI based on EOT. Then again your issue may have nothing to do with that. Matt Dave Mike or one of the others will know I am sure

907DAVE

Reaction score
For those who are considering purchasing it, be prepared, there is a lot of stuff you can change and it can be a bit overwhelming.

This is true, but about 80% of that stuff you will never adjust. Beyond the maps we have covered already there really is not too much else the novice tuner will need to adjust.

Bill did a nice job with the new .rtd definitions. He has grouped all similar items together which makes things really simple. I personally keep going back to the .mdf style as that is what I am used to, but if I was just starting out they would have made things much easier for me.

Palmer, take a look at ICP on your cold start to get an idea whats happening there.

ken6881

Reaction score
I'm going to resurrect this thread for a bit. Just got minotaur and still getting wrapped around everything that is available. For those who are considering purchasing it, be prepared, there is a lot of stuff you can change and it can be a bit overwhelming. I want to give a shout out to dave for helping me on some stuff. However, I wanted to get the opinions of those who are tuning for themselves, what causes hard starts in the cold? Nothing has changed on my truck other than the tuning, and I'm having a bit harder starts when its cold out. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't use minotaur but what i use is pretty close and you should be able to load your modified tune and your stock tune together and there's a button in the menu to highlight changes and start looking at what you have changed and how it may affect cold start.
if you look at the screen capture you can see multiple tunes pulled up and under the mark tab in the menu you should see a change button.

Attachments

• tuncapture.JPG
    tuncapture.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 87

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Haven't had time to read the entire thread (made it to page 10), but this is by far the best/most informative thread I've read in a long time.
Subbed for future enlightenment and a big thanks to everyone contributing :thumbup:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
We've offered tuning classes in the past with sever people interested, but with the economy being what it is nobody could really come up with the money to commit.

With that said, we have basically set the training classes up so that anyone who wants to take a class can schedule it. We can either use our truck for testing or we can use yours. We'll provide the dyno and we'll work with you one-on-one to teach you what you need to know in regards to tuning the 7.3L. The nice thing is that most of the 7.3L basics apply to the 6.0L as well, so when you're ready to make the switch then all you'll need is a new set of definitions and some base file and you're ready to go.

Like many have said, the forums are a great resource for tuning tips. However, if anyone is seriously interested, give us a shout and we'll be happy to put a session together.

Take care.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I think I might pull the trigger on that Bill...

Should we set up a thread for people that are interested, and nail down a date?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Well before we nail down a date I think nailing down a location would be important, then take everyone interested and see if we can find a date that works best for everyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Well before we nail down a date I think nailing down a location would be important, then take everyone interested and see if we can find a date that works best for everyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Its pretty simple - you want trained by a busy man - you go to the busy man. Location set.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Seriously considering Bill coming to Oregon to do some live tuning/training sessions.

Would take a VERY Full weekend, but would be completely worth it.

I messaged him to see if there was any interest at all, have no idea if its possible. But it would certainly be cool

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Seriously considering Bill coming to Oregon to do some live tuning/training sessions.

Would take a VERY Full weekend, but would be completely worth it.

I messaged him to see if there was any interest at all, have no idea if its possible. But it would certainly be cool

Certainly not out of the question, just need to work around Corey's medical appointments. I'll get back to your PM with more information... or just give you a shout. :D

Take care.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Its pretty simple - you want trained by a busy man - you go to the busy man. Location set.

That's kinda what I was figuring. When I have time for something like this, I'll also have the ability to be just about where-ever I need to be for it.

And with Corey needing her doctors, and her husbands support, I was figuring it'd be best for everybody to go to him.

If guys are needing to fly in rather than drive in I'm certainly willing to pick 'em up at an airport, be it Nashville near my house, or an airport near Bill's shop.

2000wa250

Reaction score
There we go. Part of why I wanted to get that ironed out is because that would definitely be something that would have to be included in the budget for this. I'm all for a group of us heading to Bill's to learn, but it definitely would add to the expense.

Derek,

Keep everyone posted on your idea. I definitely could squeeze in a full weekend down there for this. I guess the real question is what works best for Bill and what are we talking about for cost.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
That's kinda what I was figuring. When I have time for something like this, I'll also have the ability to be just about where-ever I need to be for it.

And with Corey needing her doctors, and her husbands support, I was figuring it'd be best for everybody to go to him.

If guys are needing to fly in rather than drive in I'm certainly willing to pick 'em up at an airport, be it Nashville near my house, or an airport near Bill's shop.

Bill isn't To awful far from the Atlanta airport, or for all you flying in on your private Jets you could just fly into barrow county airport right in winder lol

Groovy Chick

Reaction score
I have left emails and PMs about this. Hopefully someone answers soon, we need one bad!

Bill is still awake -- only to call customers to do ECM rollbacks. He actually never went to bed last night... just got about 30 minutes of snoozing in his chair before 9AM this morning. As soon as he's done with this last customer, he's going to sleep, but I know that he's planning on touching base with you, Derek. We talked about it in the office today. :D

Latest posts

Members online