Tuning school

bad12jr

Reaction score
Up until the last month or so I was way overthinking the 3d mapping thing. With the vgt Turbo and this thread I realise that I have a much better understanding of how these things work then I thought. I'm planning to get Minotaur soon.

What kind of emulator are you using?

Sent from my x2 somewhere

907DAVE

Reaction score
I am using the Romulator. You might wait until Bill gets the QuarterHorse setup, that is going to be the one to have!

No pop quiz on the last maps, just thought I would show there is a bit more involved with PW than just the base map.

You guys want to see shifting stuff next, or something else?

Shaw

Reaction score
Here is your list of parameters in the expert level. Only the ones that are Bold are the ones I've changed on my truck. I think it would be quite a feat to give a definition for every one of them, but I sure would like a copy of it too :)

page 1
parameters_1.jpg

page 2
parameters_2.jpg

Page 3
parameters_3.jpg

Page 4
parameters_4.jpg

Page 5
parameters_5.jpg

Page 6
parameters_6.jpg

Page 7
parameters_7.jpg

Page 8
parameters_8.jpg

You still have Maps, and Functions to play with too.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Jeeeesus !

Dave if you could, shift stategies and TC lockup. Id like to compare my PCS to a stock setup.

Looks like there is quuiiite a bit more tables on the stock stuff.

907DAVE

Reaction score
No problem! Again these are from a stock PMT1 file.

Everything is MPH vs APP.

1-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

Converter lockup.

1st-lock.jpg

2nd-lock.jpg

3rd-lock.jpg

Shaw

Reaction score
There are a few more for the shifting such as slopes and offsets, lock torque for the converter, slip time for shifts and a couple more.

I would think it is safe to say shifting is where you spend most of your time doing things.

As for comparing to a PCS I don't think you can. I have never played with a PCS but from the headaches Ive had trying to get shifts to happen when I want them and the converter to lock and unlock when I want it to, I would buy a PCS in a heart beat!!! With stock stuff it's never a simple change to get the transmission to do what you want for some reason.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yup, that is just the basics.

The MPH is off for starters, and then the adaptive's seem to lead to inconsistency's. But you can turn that stuff off if need be.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ok, So MPH is the vertical and ADP is the horiz ? Basically TPS postion ?

Thats alot more confusing then the PCS.

So are shifts set to MPH or RPM ? WOT shifting couldnt be MPH to drag race.

Stock TC shows lockup in first at half throttle ?

How are you guys posting screen shots ? Ill post my PCS stuff if you tell me.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score

The easiest way to post screen shots is to use CTRL+PRTSCN, then open paint or something and paste. Then you have a file you can either upload to a hosting site or attach using attachments.

907DAVE

Reaction score

Yup!

Shifts are determined by comparing MPH and APP. WOT shifts are RPM only, found in the parameters menu.

To understand this you need to look at 1-2 shift schedule. Unless you are in manual 1'st it will already be shifted out of 1'st before you reach that point. I believe there is more to this graph than meets the eye, pretty sure there is a time based limiter involved as well. Only reason I believe this is because I was pulling a heavy trailer up a real steep grade in low, and a minute(?) or so into the climb the converter locked in.

See red.

On mine you press [Fn]&[SysRq/PrtSc], then paste into paint.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
This is the PCS format... Faaar simpler.

1-2 Shift
pcs12shift.png

2-3 Shift
pcs23shift.png

3-4 Shift
pcs34shift.png

Load to Line Pressure %
pcslinepressure.png

Closed the table down and show WOT up/downshifts, All 4 shifts and TC lockup/unlock
pcswotshifttc.png

Shaw

Reaction score
@ Dieselboy
Damn, now I don't know if I want an emulator or PCS when I get some spare money? The pictures you just showed me might make the PCS come first! It looks very user friendly.

@ Dave
I'm not sure if you have ever tried it or not, but you can dial in the mph shifts by changing the N over Y base value in the parameters. I don't remember what I had to set mine to (lap top is at work, i can tell you tomorrow if you want) but I was able to get it to shift within a couple mph of what i put in the shift schedule table. The down fall being I now have issues with the converter staying locked when i let off the fuel. Im not sure if it's related but it seems that is when it started.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Shaw, its a pretty slick setup. I can post more screen shots if you like.

One of the best things it does is add on sensors. I can tap into temp sensors like EOT ECT and trans temp. Just piggy back the factory or even an aftermarket guage.

As well as its dataloging capabilities.

Out of curiousity, If your in OD locked and you throttle up and cause a downshift, does the TC unlocked ? I had it turned off so it doesnt unlock on downshifts and Cale said its really hard on the trans, as its so much load on the trans.
The only thing is, is it basically downshifts, unlocks at the same time and relocks back up in 3rd.
I wish there was some sort of TC timer so I could have it stay unlocked for a few seconds. Would also be nice to have TC lockup with more then just MPH tables.

dmeis

Reaction score
You can use ALT-PrtSc instead and it copies the active window and not the whole desktop.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• AltPrntScrn.jpg
    AltPrntScrn.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 259

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.