Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm In no way trying to bash anyone, just passing along possibilities. I know you guys know what your doing and will get it figured out. Sometimes though there is that one simple thing that you forget to think of that never hurts to have a suggestion for.

But to answer Gares question, that turbo should be doing 35-40 psi no sweat. And a pin hole in the exhaust and or intake system can drop pressure in a hurry or keep from making good pressure as well.

Good luck bud.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The truck is gettin pissed off because it is running at 35psi of drive pressure and making 27-28lbs of boost then it will drop the duty cycle of the VGT down to compensate for what it thinks is an overdrive (turbo) condition. I'm going to keep creeping up on drive pressure to see if the turbo will eventually "wake up" or if the ratio difference will just keep climbing.

G Racing

Reaction score
I'm In no way trying to bash anyone, just passing along possibilities. I know you guys know what your doing and will get it figured out. Sometimes though there is that one simple thing that you forget to think of that never hurts to have a suggestion for.

But to answer Gares question, that turbo should be doing 35-40 psi no sweat. And a pin hole in the exhaust and or intake system can drop pressure in a hurry or keep from making good pressure as well.

Good luck bud.

I know you're not bashing Eric, and that everyone is helping just don't want it to turn the wrong way lol.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The truck is gettin pissed off because it is running at 35psi of drive pressure and making 27-28lbs of boost then it will drop the duty cycle of the VGT down to compensate for what it thinks is an overdrive (turbo) condition. I'm going to keep creeping up on drive pressure to see if the turbo will eventually "wake up" or if the ratio difference will just keep climbing.

what strategy are you currently tuning off of? Did you get the change to make a inferred vs non inferred comparison yet?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I know you're not bashing Eric, and that everyone is helping just don't want it to turn the wrong way lol.

Nope me either. Matt is out beating on my truck again. Stay tuned. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Gearhead

Reaction score
Set for 30% VGT duty cycle (up from 15), boost holds steady at 30-31psi. It promptly pushed a boot off but will be taken care of in the morning. Truck is running good. It's ready to go back to its home.

I'm curious to see what others with stock powermaxes are getting for VGT DC and how much boost they are seeing.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
So Lance just split a boot trying to log for me. LOL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.