Was going up hill, felt something, white smoke. HELP

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Why is it the #8 is so prone to cracking? What is the best add on's to help prevent it from happening?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I thought it had something to do with dpf/regen stuff. Don't quote me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
So doing just the piston that has damage is an ok fix?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Hopefully its not bad. Not really wanting to lose my ass on this thing. Damn it's only intake, tune, exhaust! Just keep repeating its only an injector to myself lol

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Na Brian I've talked to some guys aboutility cracking pistons sounds like they all do it and a few 2010s did it WAY earlier than me. So I'm not gonna run from the problem just to have it happened again. And yes it runs Tyler. Just a minor shake at idle. Haven't tried starting it though

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
If I traded it'd be back tracking I don't want to spend more lol. I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and fix it. Where I go from there.... probably keep it lol

CJH8907

Reaction score
Sounds like a piston went. Mine through the same code. When I opened the hood to see what it was going to be like to do the injector, the whole underside of hood was covered in oil. Loosened the oil fill and it blew off. Ended up having to have that cylinder sleeved. Coincidence or not mine was also number 8 cylinder. If you do have to tear into it, I highly recomend ceramic coating the pistons. Well worth the money. I only replaced that one and had the others checked

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I was blowing white smoke the other day horribly.... Got it home & low pressure turbo was shot. You saying it runs a Lil rough @ idle doesn't sound good, as mine runs perfectly normal, blow by was normal, just tons of white smoke & oil in the exhaust.

Sucks man, I know what it's like to replace a long block, I also had to do all 8 injectors as well.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Sounds like a piston went. Mine through the same code. When I opened the hood to see what it was going to be like to do the injector, the whole underside of hood was covered in oil. Loosened the oil fill and it blew off. Ended up having to have that cylinder sleeved. Coincidence or not mine was also number 8 cylinder. If you do have to tear into it, I highly recomend ceramic coating the pistons. Well worth the money. I only replaced that one and had the others checked

Did you put an oem piston back in it?

White_monster

Reaction score
There isn't much for options in terms if pistons. You have the international pistons but they only come in std bore and you have ford pistons that come in all sizes. International pistons have the lip removed and the fords don't but as far as I know the materials are the same in both.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Does the cylinder wall usually get so bad you have to put bigger pistons in?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Mine has not been started since and shut it off asap. **** sucks either way. If it's a cracked piston was it because I stuck injector or just because #8 is the one that always goes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.