Was going up hill, felt something, white smoke. HELP

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I replaced only my one piston that cracked. Mine wasnt from an injector though. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna put the one piston in it if it's only one. I mean if it's like Jeff says, I planned on doings 30s wouldn't it happen again do to lack of air?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna put the one piston in it if it's only one. I mean if it's like Jeff says, I planned on doings 30s wouldn't it happen again do to lack of air?

Wouldn't change until you addressed lack of airflow. If that's what caused it.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Will a single 67fmw turbo help with air flow on stock fuel?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
A step back in keeping egts lower. Singles work well up top and are well suited to the track from 90% of the feed back on here. If you want to tow and keep things cool lower in the rpm band where 90% of us drive day to day, stay with stock or up grade the atmo to a 71 or the newly released 72.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I broke 3 out of 4 on pass side. I think it was a combo of poor manifold flow and crappy intake elbow. Iirc the pass side is odd cylinders and the rear was broke with a hole in it, then moving forward each piston was cracked less and less. The fact it happened all on one side tells me the elbow can be a problem.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I broke 3 out of 4 on pass side. I think it was a combo of poor manifold flow and crappy intake elbow. Iirc the pass side is odd cylinders and the rear was broke with a hole in it, then moving forward each piston was cracked less and less. The fact it happened all on one side tells me the elbow can be a problem.

What elbow were you using, Are there any base line facts as which elbow is better/best @ getting airflow as evenly as possible? This just make me want to put stock turbos back on & unload my truck. Can't afford it & a boat breaking all the time.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Even with the upgraded manifolds and uppipes singles have it won't help move more air? I'm just thinking since I'm gonna have the motor out of it if need be I wanna build it how I want. But def not have it out twice

MINK

Reaction score
Even with the upgraded manifolds and uppipes singles have it won't help move more air? I'm just thinking since I'm gonna have the motor out of it if need be I wanna build it how I want. But def not have it out twice

Elite 72 with your stock atmo - way better setup than going with a single IMO

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Yeah maybe I'll just do 6.0 manifolds, wastegate along with whatever the motor needs. Then I'll figure out where to go. I really want fuel lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine cracked on stock injectors. But high boost . I was seeing 60-62.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Because the class I race on dirt is a work stock class. "Stock" turbos, pretty much however much fuel you want. And dommel on this site has like 110s and II pump and is running 12.0 in a crew cab.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.