Wastegate setup and up-pipes

BFT

Reaction score
Has anyone got any reviews on WOP's kit? Is it just an open dump? I already got rid of the EGR coolers and such (cab on) so mounting WOP's kit would be rather simple. But I do still need to replace the drivers side up-pipe at a minimum.

i had to replace my driver side up pipe as well because of blown bellow. im sure WOP's kit will work just fine. dropping the tranny will help too, but id leave that till the last if sh!t gets tuff

91turbogsx

Reaction score
What's out there for upgraded up pipes? I remember seeing some but can't remember who made them. I guess I'm just trying to find out how far to go with this. I know nothing is easy with the cab on but I'm just weighing my options.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
most "upgraded" pipes include upgrading to 6.0 manifolds, i dont know who all makes 6.4 uppipes with a better bellow

BFT

Reaction score
not really bigger... just better, higher quality than stock

thats what i meant...my bad.

looking at the pic, it would be too close running one thats better?
IMG_6135.jpg

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I fully agree to pulling the cab. It looks ALOT easier but my shop isn't setup for that yet. I think I may just go with the WOP kit and replace the up pipe with OEM for now. I'm gonna try to avoid pulling the tranny if I can.

I got arms and hands like Gumby. I should be able to weasel my way in there. LOL

BFT

Reaction score
if you do the WOP kit, then there really shouldnt be a reason to yank the cab. it takes just as long to drop the tranny then to pull the cab and even less on a 2 wheel drive.

like i said, resort to removing that stuff till the very end. good luck bud

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I replaced both up pipes when my cab was off to pull heads, stud, gate, etc. and I went oem. I hear Arron had 6.0 up pipes modded to fit his but don't know how it turned out in short or long run. One of my major considerations when modding is to stay as close as possible to oem. If a breakdown or problem occurs I don't need the hassle of waiting weeks/mos. to get another "specialty" component to get up and running again. FFT is all.

BFT

Reaction score
I replaced both up pipes when my cab was off to pull heads, stud, gate, etc. and I went oem. I hear Arron had 6.0 up pipes modded to fit his but don't know how it turned out in short or long run. One of my major considerations when modding is to stay as close as possible to oem. If a breakdown or problem occurs I don't need the hassle of waiting weeks/mos. to get another "specialty" component to get up and running again. FFT is all.

very true!

the 6.0/6.4 manifolds work great and havent heard of any failures. seems like the driver side bellow on the up pipe seems to be common, as well as the up pipe bellow for the EGR horizontal cooler.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Just ordered an OEM up pipe with all gaskets, WOP wastegate setup, and a CFM elbow and Elite Twin Tube pipe from Rudy's. Thanks for the info guys.

Busted knuckles and contorted hands here I come!

JDub

Reaction score
Our kit can be done cab-on, hardest part is getting the stock coolers out. Goes together pretty easily after that.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Yeah I was only concerned with the Elite kit at first until I heard about WOP's. The coolers are already out so the install will be simple. Thanks Jacob. I believe you were who I talked too today.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Installed the up pipe today. Didnt remove the tranny or anything. Went pretty well actually. I would definitely do it again cab on. BUT I will say I'm glad I had the EGR coolers out of the way already. Now I'm just waiting on the wastegate and IC pipe...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Installed the up pipe today. Didnt remove the tranny or anything. Went pretty well actually. I would definitely do it again cab on. BUT I will say I'm glad I had the EGR coolers out of the way already. Now I'm just waiting on the wastegate and IC pipe...

cool thanks for the update

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Got the wastegate setup and intake elbow yesterday. Still waiting on the IC pipe. Thanks Rudy's and WOP.

Hopefully get the wastegate installed today. Sorry for the crappy pic...

2095007b.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.