Wastegate setup and up-pipes

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I got a new one. Not cheap. Was unaware they had a cat in it. :doh: If I could afford the down time I'd do away with it.

:edit If I welded it up it would most likely crack again. Hard to see in the pic but it was almost broken in 2.

Drill and tap the blocker plate to accept the back pressure sensor that's in that egr pipe, then move the blocker plate to the port where the egr pipe ties into the up pipe.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I didnt realize that pipe was so much, i got mine out cab on but the turbos were out, no major mods to get it out.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Turbos were on in my case. LOL was a royal PITA getting that out. Took it out from the bottom.

And SEABEE that is a good idea but my problem is that I have the WOP wastegate setup that utilizes that pipe.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah i was going to say just delte that but i dunno, if you had to get rid of it i think i would have modified it to go into the down pipe but fabricating anything back there is a nightmare...

Glad you found your original issue i would have never thought that pipe would split like that

91turbogsx

Reaction score
The up pipe was actually the original issue. Lol Just so happened the pipe went shortly after for some reason.

Off topic...Where are you guys getting a boost source from? The WOP kit comes with zero installation instructions. So I have no idea what they did for that. I have my CFM elbow but it isn't installed yet until I get my Elite IC pipe otherwise I'd use that port.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I drilled and tapped the cfm elbow...

If i remember right you can use the plate thats on the factory intake elbow used to block off the upper cooler, but i cant actually confirm that.

Otherwise... im too far from stock to answer that question.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Turbos were on in my case. LOL was a royal PITA getting that out. Took it out from the bottom.

And SEABEE that is a good idea but my problem is that I have the WOP wastegate setup that utilizes that pipe.

But at least you can get at the waste gate easily with your set up. Every time I look at my Elite gate tucked in back there I suffer a panic attack wondering what in the he!! I'm in for when that finally dumps, no pun intended. :D

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Also what are your opinions on this? I'm kinda worried about it being so close to fuel lines.

d3763817.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
I see a dirty frame in your future LOL I think they will be fine. Maybe compare rail temp before and after to ease any concerns?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would wrap header tape around the fuel lines, not the pipe and it should be fine, i dont think its going to be open that much anyway

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I doubt it will get much hotter than anything else down there, just wrap pipe or lines for peace of mind.

JDub

Reaction score
Also what are your opinions on this? I'm kinda worried about it being so close to fuel lines.

d3763817.jpg

Your fuel lines appear to be routed differently then the couple trucks we've done those kits on, mine aren't nearly that close to the gate pipe...

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Hmm that's odd. I did end up zip tying them together and heat wrapping them. I'm satisfied with how they are now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.