Well its been a fun ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I feel incredibly smart...

I'm confused by all the crap that's been said

Did you say you dicked with the chip , while it was running and it died ? Has it ran since?

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Yes i did. I know its bad to do so. But it was running like a$s and the acel pedal quit working again. So i tried to push it in. Shut off shortly after and has not startes since. Tried either on the spot. Buddy said it went from smoking a lil black to puffing white he was right behind me

sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Yes i did. I know its bad to do so. But it was running like a$s and the acel pedal quit working again. So i tried to push it in. Shut off shortly after and has not startes since. Tried either on the spot. Buddy said it went from smoking a lil black to puffing white he was right behind me

I bet ur pcm is fubard. Did you pull the air cleaner when using the ether

blk99

Reaction score
takes alot more than just a little shot of ether to get through the entire intercooler system.... specially if you went through the air filter.... and thats all pending you didnt use brake clean or carb cleaner, thinking it would work as ether....

just sayin....

yotaneck13

Reaction score
It was actual starting fluid. I pulled the airfilter guage. And sprayed thro there. Just caused it to turn over really fast.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
It was actual starting fluid. I pulled the airfilter guage. And sprayed thro there. Just caused it to turn over really fast.

Add just a Lil more while there cranking, just be sure the glow plugs are done cycling and cooled before u start spraying

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I turned it over my buddy sprayed it. So i guess i dont know how much was sprayed. But even if the ecm was fried. It would still start? Or am i wrong in thinking this?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I turned it over my buddy sprayed it. So i guess i dont know how much was sprayed. But even if the ecm was fried. It would still start? Or am i wrong in thinking this?

It would run on ether if enough was sprayed in, but if the injectors aren't getting signal to fire there won't be any fuel to burn...

CSIPSD

Reaction score

If the PCM (its not a ECM...) was dead it doesn't matter. You can start the truck with a screwdriver from the starter solenoid with starter fluid.

Look, I've tried to tell you this but I don't think it sank in...

Use the starter solenoid and jump the terminals, while its cranking spray starter fluid in the intake (remove the filter, just take the 30 seconds to do it right...). Give it a 2 second shot and wait. Then a second shot if it doesn't fire.

It will be loud, and it will knock, but it will start. It will then quickly die as well.

Once you do that, replace your PCM so you can again drive your truck.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Thank you. Could i spray directly in the turbo?

Arisley

Reaction score
Yes. You can also pull the driver side intercooler pipe off and spray directly in the pipe, shorter distance to the intake valves.

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
If the PCM (its not a ECM...) was dead it doesn't matter. You can start the truck with a screwdriver from the starter solenoid with starter fluid.

Look, I've tried to tell you this but I don't think it sank in...

Use the starter solenoid and jump the terminals, while its cranking spray starter fluid in the intake (remove the filter, just take the 30 seconds to do it right...). Give it a 2 second shot and wait. Then a second shot if it doesn't fire.

It will be loud, and it will knock, but it will start. It will then quickly die as well.

Once you do that, replace your PCM so you can again drive your truck.

Bet you $20 he won't do this and there will be another 4 pages of why his truck won't start.

Come on dude, surely your not that ignorant. Truck ran fine. You messed with chip while said truck was running. Truck died. Truck will not/has not restarted since.

Replace your damn PCM and be on your way.

I thought you sold this truck anyway

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I kept getting mixd answers. I am for sure goin to try this. And not sell the truck if it fires. Either friday night or saturday.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I kept getting mixd answers. I am for sure goin to try this. And not sell the truck if it fires. Either friday night or saturday.

Gonna try what? Ether? Of course it will fire on ether ... How about you swap the pcm and fix the issue

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Gotta find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online