2014 Diesel Power Challenge...Whose entering

bigaF250

Reaction score
With all the other rules that dpc has they would never let it be an all 6.4 Ford camp. Lol wouldn't be fair for the others. But it would be nice to watch the Ford camp sweep the podium.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't get the mag yet but saw a few pics of will from Rudy's truck is also in the voting? Pretty sure he's running non vgt compounds on a 6.4 and could be very competitive as well. I'd love to see Ryan, JD, Will and Wes in the challenge. 2 non vgt compound trucks and 2 stock appearing turbo trucks. Be one of the most stout years for team ford.

i think will is planning on running tow powers or something similar.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Will's description says 362 and 483 compounds but I saw him say on Instagram something about 59/76 drop in turbos. Either way, he has my vote! Love that truck and we all know the guys at Rudy's are very capable! Ford representing well again this year for sure

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
warren diesel 275/100s ,&dual hpop, twisted tranny, black widows small frame 71mm borg warner, and two tiny shots of gas.....LOl and a bunch of other tiny odd and ends to make it all work together

ive bumped the injectorts up and added the dual pump since i enterd the challenge, and few other small tweeks...:joy:

When you say small frame you are referring to the S300 frame right? What size exhaust housing do you have on that turbo?

If you are setup and used to sea level you will be shocked @ how laggy that 71 will be @ 4000 or 5000 feet.... I live @ 2000 feet and my setup spools great here. But is slower @ 4000 and 5000 feet. If i was to move to a place that was 4000+ elevation I would be changing my setup around. It just does not work as good that is with a 66m turbo. I would hate to see what a 71mm would do small from or not you are going to be shocked.

It might not hurt to look into a setup that can spool @ elevation. if you get in. Or do a Diverter valve to aid in spool up. That is if you have a twin scroll exhaust housing. It would be sad for a pickup like your that has a chance to be very competitive show up and not be able to get he turbo to light.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Nope. The mountain devours all trucks that attempt to conquer it with a single. LOL. If I was you and got voted in I would be investing in twins.

Sent while I probably should be doing something productive.

webb06

Reaction score
Can you post a pic of shilo and his truck in there?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393006632.322985.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Still amazes me how trucks owned by Custom Auto still get into the voting. The dually in 2012 and Shilo's truck.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Your only allowed to be in it once unless you win. Then your in till you loose. I think he's meaning its like some one building a new truck every year and just putting it in your buddy's name.

Sent while I probably should be doing something productive.