Annnnd BOOM goes the dynomite

liquidlounge

Reaction score
ok-not doubting, but why then would one care about the drive pressure ratio? I was told to use a qssb or h2e because of the drive ratio

Short Bus

Reaction score
No...

2000-2700psi cylinder pressures are not effected by 70-80psi of drive pressure... Just not going to make a differance...

Tuning, EGT's, Max HP, drivablity sure... but blow a motor because of high drive pressure??? nope.

I was just going to quote and respond to those very posts, good thing I scrolled down lol:morons:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Is your junk running/back together? How much does a motor like yours cost to build? Not.chargers or anything. Just the motor.

It was assembles last week and checked for piston protrustion and was over on all cylinders by 10-12 thousandths. So its back apart and pistons are back at the machine shop getting cut.

Id say im gonna be at $7000 for the short block/parts/assembly/balance etc.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It was assembles last week and checked for piston protrustion and was over on all cylinders by 10-12 thousandths. So its back apart and pistons are back at the machine shop getting cut.

Id say im gonna be at $7000 for the short block/parts/assembly/balance etc.

Do you feel this is a good deal? I'm not questioning it, but trying to.decide what's reasonable for a build of my own. I asked for a price by a local guy and his price was very close to that and then we argued on price/parts when his build.didn't include billet rods. He was using forged/treated but that's not gonna cut it.

Fwiw, he quoted me 6300 for balanced, ported heads, and all new springs/valves/phantoms/bearings. His pistons and rebuild stuff would be from Ford. Seems high?!

OSCS

Reaction score
Do you feel this is a good deal? I'm not questioning it, but trying to.decide what's reasonable for a build of my own. I asked for a price by a local guy and his price was very close to that and then we argued on price/parts when his build.didn't include billet rods. He was using forged/treated but that's not gonna cut it.

Fwiw, he quoted me 6300 for balanced, ported heads, and all new springs/valves/phantoms/bearings. His pistons and rebuild stuff would be from Ford. Seems high?!

very.. my guy here in houston is quoting me 2450 with a core for a short block balanced etc using forged internals. His long block is 3500 with new valve seals springs, you name it.

OSCS

Reaction score
this is what i was quoted for w/ 18months unlimitied mileage warranty

2450 for a short block w/ core and forged internals
3500 for long block with Everything in the motor replaced w/ forged interals

TARM

Reaction score
very.. my guy here in houston is quoting me 2450 with a core for a short block balanced etc using forged internals.
His long block is 3500 with new valve seals springs, you name it.

he said the 6k did NOT include billet parts

my guy was charging 6k for a billet short block.. and thats just rods no girdle etc.

I am not following this. You say in one post 6K does not include any billet parts then in the other you state 6K is for a billet short block with billet rods it just does not include a girdle.

Now what does this 6K SHORT block include different than the forged short block @ the $2450 you were quoted other than the billet rods. 6000-2450=3550 That is a bit rich for a swap to billet rods alone and does not include subtracting off the forge rods and their prep. Does it include things like ARP mains studs as they run 300-400 which would bring the price difference much more inline. SO you stated the top end is good so all you need is a short block no head prep.

Does the 6K short block include partially filling the block? That should not add to much to cost and would help make the block more rigid with or without a girdle.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am not following this. You say in one post 6K does not include any billet parts then in the other you state 6K is for a billet short block with billet rods it just does not include a girdle.

Now what does this 6K SHORT block include different than the forged short block @ the $2450 you were quoted other than the billet rods. 6000-2450=3550 That is a bit rich for a swap to billet rods alone and does not include subtracting off the forge rods and their prep. Does it include things like ARP mains studs as they run 300-400 which would bring the price difference much more inline. SO you stated the top end is good so all you need is a short block no head prep.

Does the 6K short block include partially filling the block? That should not add to much to cost and would help make the block more rigid with or without a girdle.

The inconsistencies at easily explained in his posts by the fact he was answering a question I posted. I was asking around about getting a motor built. I was quoted 6300. The heads were beefed up and ported but when I went through the list of parts with the shops owner, his list was calling for treated forged rods. We know this is not.sufficient for a build that adds power, especially for somebody that is anticipating compounds. Sorry for the confusion!

Needless to.say, I'm not considering that shop for a build. Nobody around where I live wants to touch anything on a diesel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.