F1c

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I'm glad to see this project is still gonna happen. Fwiw, I installed Danny's kit on his truck once and another truck, it was really straight forward, and the quality was very nice. One day I'd like to run the same kit myself.

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Well, slowly making progress. Had to do a bunch of fabbing to make this all work. Fred and James are a couple of awesome guys. Got some pics of the install and what is and isn't included with the kit. The kit comes with the Turbo, Procharger, Procharger mount, up-pipes/turbo mount, Belt, Crossover pipe from PC to Charger(we won't be using this pipe. What it didn't come with- Any other piping, oil feed line, oil drain tube, mounting bolts and gasket for turbo, boot for PC pipe to turbo. Here are some pics so far, I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has, by PM's so nobody will get butt hurt. 062.JPG

064.JPG

071.jpg

066.jpg

053.JPG
Some test fitting, down pipe built.

HiVoltage

Reaction score
The bracket on the up-pipes/turbo mount had to be replaced because it didn't bolt up to existing holes in valley, besides having it bolted at each end allows access to the ipr the new bracket also gave clearance from the bellows to the IPR. This is the crossover pipe we're not using.041.jpg

045.JPG

067.jpg

055.JPG

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the truck once it's finished. Thought it was pretty crazy before should be extremely interesting once it's done.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Looks good man! So really, for a guy who isnt' changing the charger and only adding the procharger kit....all they really would need then is the boot for the procharger pipe to air inlet of the turbo....right?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Holy hell...You should use that cross over pipe...could probably drop 400*F in temps with that much length...

I'd love to have done one of these Prochargers a few years ago...

Good Luck! Looks great!

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well, slowly making progress. Had to do a bunch of fabbing to make this all work. A lot of fitment issues could have been avoided if more open and honest in the beginning. Fred and James are a couple of awesome guys. Got some pics of the install and what is and isn't included with the kit. The kit comes with the Turbo, Procharger, Procharger mount, up-pipes/turbo mount, Belt, Crossover pipe from PC to Charger(we won't be using this pipe. What it didn't come with- Any other piping (missing one pipe which was discussed prior to sending out the kit with Fred), , oil feed line, oil drain tube, (again discussed with Fred before kit was sent out) mounting bolts and gasket for turbo Yes we did mis this when boxing up parts. , boot for PC pipe to turbo. Discussed with Fred before sending kit out and explained to him that I needed a measurement once pipe was installed to send correct boot. I offered to send turbo gasket and the 4 missing bolts and needed hardware for turbo. With the missing boot. Here are some pics so far, I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has, by PM's so nobody will get butt hurt. If anybody is getting in a tiff or insinuating anything it would be coming from oneside. Like discussed this before many of the issues on this transaction could have all been simply avoided.
Some test fitting, down pipe built.

Just so we are all on the same page see above in bold.

And on another note the stage 2 kit which was ordered usually does not come complete kit due to the fact of so many variances in other bolt on upgrade parts. We where told all the previous installs would be modified or removed to work with the Procharger kit. We agreed to build a complete kit for this customer as per discussions with Fred. Once we received the turbo in we noticed that Precision had made a minor change in the compressor cover to what we had in the past for a similar kit. At that time I called Fred at The Diesel Shop and discussed my concerns with the pipes fitting correct. At that time we stated we had a few different options. Since we do not own a 6.0 as a shop truck or could we locate one locally that an owner was willing to part with for a few days to build and make necessary changes to the kit.
Option one wait and see if we came across one locally to test fit and finish kit.
Option Two Send as is and Fred would make needed changes, at that time I would credit back the difference in cost,
Option three offered to Fred that if truck was sent to us and they took care of cost on the truck getting to and from us we would install kit at no charge. Other details on money to end customer is for private matter between Fred and owner of truck.
Option Four return Certified Check to Fred or shred up payment.

During this whole time of Fred Deciding on which route they would be going at no time did we deposit there funds. So accusing us of holding or having money for extended periods of time is FALSE. Within the time they gave us a decision till the time the kit went out was no matter of 2 weeks. At which time we Discussed with Fred on the few matters listed above.

As for your PM you sent me, Yes I did handle the matter. These were two cog pulleys that where drop shipped from Procharger to Fred. Procharger is aware of the mis hap which is on there end and making it right. Replacement pulleys should be in your possession within the next couple days as soon as I get a tracking number from them I will fwd it to Fred.

By the way I did credit Fred back on the few parts missing and the others that Fred would be taking care of as well as shipped the kit complete for FREE!

imelmo

Reaction score
Just so we are all on the same page see above in bold.

And on another note the stage 2 kit which was ordered usually does not come complete kit due to the fact of so many variances in other bolt on upgrade parts. We where told all the previous installs would be modified or removed to work with the Procharger kit. We agreed to build a complete kit for this customer as per discussions with Fred. Once we received the turbo in we noticed that Precision had made a minor change in the compressor cover to what we had in the past for a similar kit. At that time I called Fred at The Diesel Shop and discussed my concerns with the pipes fitting correct. At that time we stated we had a few different options. Since we do not own a 6.0 as a shop truck or could we locate one locally that an owner was willing to part with for a few days to build and make necessary changes to the kit.
Option one wait and see if we came across one locally to test fit and finish kit.
Option Two Send as is and Fred would make needed changes, at that time I would credit back the difference in cost,
Option three offered to Fred that if truck was sent to us and they took care of cost on the truck getting to and from us we would install kit at no charge. Other details on money to end customer is for private matter between Fred and owner of truck.
Option Four return Certified Check to Fred or shred up payment.

During this whole time of Fred Deciding on which route they would be going at no time did we deposit there funds. So accusing us of holding or having money for extended periods of time is FALSE. Within the time they gave us a decision till the time the kit went out was no matter of 2 weeks. At which time we Discussed with Fred on the few matters listed above.

As for your PM you sent me, Yes I did handle the matter. These were two cog pulleys that where drop shipped from Procharger to Fred. Procharger is aware of the mis hap which is on there end and making it right. Replacement pulleys should be in your possession within the next couple days as soon as I get a tracking number from them I will fwd it to Fred.

By the way I did credit Fred back on the few parts missing and the others that Fred would be taking care of as well as shipped the kit complete for FREE!

Answer your texts. :poke: :D

strokin6L

Reaction score

Attachments

• 003 (11).JPG
    003 (11).JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 85

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Strokin, my truck has been through so many transformations
I honestly can't answer that. It might have got changed when
the compounds went in.