Farmers Diesel Injectors

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So does that mean you were running this in 09? I thought you were running some 400cc/200% injectors??

By 2007 I was heavily involved in injector development to improve the delivery rates of the fuel injectors for competition purposes. By the fall of 2009 we had already tested LOTS of combinations of parts both on the bench and in trucks - anything from custom milled nozzle tips, higher lift poppets, lower ratio plungers and barrels, higher ICP, blah blah blah. In the fall of that year was when we started going down a path that pushed us into the 430cc area of fuel in the 2.5ms time window. Still unhappy with the flow rate and system control resolution we kept on pushing and have improved greatly on many fronts since that time. In fact I decided upon the new injection ratio from testing with various tips earlier in the summer of 2009 and we were testing with what I consider crude prototypes - both borrowed from other injector builders as well as stuff cobbled together to prove concept. Unfortunately that is when the company I was working for hit the wall in the economy and the downturn resulted in significantly shorter hours and less pay for a while - so even once I was able to secure a production facility capable of machining matched plungers and barrels to the 50 millionths of an inch slip fit (taking into account the proprietary coatings that I used that happen to be the exact same as found in the very high end tractor pulling plungers and barrels) that I demanded to keep the efficiency as high as possible by eliminating a significant amount of fuel bypass found in looser machined plungers and barrels it took me until the spring of 2011 to get my first set of production pieces. Since those pieces have been in testing I was able to narrow down exactly what I wanted and needed out of an injector tip and am waiting on the billet blanks to finished up currently while I also finish up hand winding my custom built "quad Gauss" solenoid coils that were their own unique undertaking in design and manufacture. And as long as I keep working forward and working with a couple of select people on our own goals for our own purposes on our own dimes - it doesn't matter how long it takes us or how much it costs us - because we have next to no intentions of actually marketing these to the general public - these are high end competition only injectors.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Jason, I you know if I kept my 7.3 you would have gotten my business. Some people forget that just because it wasn't on the net, doesn't mean it wasn't being done....

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Same ! I even offered my truck as a mule...

Derek, Mike hides behind that flowbench. Put em in a truck and run the thing.

I could care less what his flow bench numbers are. What standard is he testing to ?

Last time I herd it was 10MS and he doesnt like the 1000 shots measure.

CSI, I was in Joes truck on the dyno. It did 450 and he held the brakes through the whole run ! I told him to load it and he did !. Forgot to mention that he has to let go at around 10psi lol. Sorry joebob:morons:

We all hear about these mystical DDs and how much they flow, all we are asking is to see a truck running them do better then before. How can you make the claims based off a flow bench ?

Mike himself quotes 440cc at 2.5MS is what he can produce. Thats a trendous gain over a hybrid. So it should revolutionize the 7.3 platform. Well then lets see it done.

He was just running 300/200 sureflows, that dyno run was weird I dunno how I did 403 with my turbo lighting at like 2200rpms and having the boost limit kick in at 2800. The dyno got sick of having all those dodges on em :badidea:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Jason, I you know if I kept my 7.3 you would have gotten my business. Some people forget that just because it wasn't on the net, doesn't mean it wasn't being done....

I'll honestly tell anyone that most of the stuff being discussed today as "new and different" or "revolutionary" has been done before. Lots of testing done by lots of people several years prior to it becoming "new" on the internet. I just offered up the info that what is being claimed as possible was done 3 years previous with the group that I work with. I also know that Swamps was doing very similar work with very similar tech earlier than that - I can't speak for their specific outcomes but its no secret that reduced ratio plunger and barrels combined with exceedingly high ICP can dump some fuel - I'd bet that if someone were to go back and search through PSN from 2007 through 2010 they would find many posts and many clues from several individuals as to what work was being done.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Same ! I even offered my truck as a mule...

Derek, Mike hides behind that flowbench. Put em in a truck and run the thing.

I could care less what his flow bench numbers are. What standard is he testing to ?

Last time I herd it was 10MS and he doesnt like the 1000 shots measure.

CSI, I was in Joes truck on the dyno. It did 450 and he held the brakes through the whole run ! I told him to load it and he did !. Forgot to mention that he has to let go at around 10psi lol. Sorry joebob:morons:

We all hear about these mystical DDs and how much they flow, all we are asking is to see a truck running them do better then before. How can you make the claims based off a flow bench ?

Mike himself quotes 440cc at 2.5MS is what he can produce. Thats a trendous gain over a hybrid. So it should revolutionize the 7.3 platform. Well then lets see it done.

I know... I've driven it, and while it drives nice, its is a 450hp truck. I was dissapointed for a 300cc injector. But again with the right size nozzle It should be in the 550-600hp easy with the 5 speed.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
He was just running 300/200 sureflows, that dyno run was weird I dunno how I did 403 with my turbo lighting at like 2200rpms and having the boost limit kick in at 2800. The dyno got sick of having all those dodges on em :badidea:

like I said earlier they are 300/100.

No Joe... You have 300-200... Everyone has just told you over and over what you have.:doh:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We will have 300/200 sureflows in Curts truck here very soon. We will provide numbers with that setup on the strip (though its on 37s and lifted 6in) it should show a little bit of what these injectors can do.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Short handed team down at Farmers has led to some wait time on injectors. He is barely meeting time frames for customers orders, once things slow down for him we will certainly get the test rolling. Customers orders always first!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
still no test results??

Still nothing. I know its drawn out but we moved into a much newer facility just after Farmers moved as well, so the last 6 months have really been crazy.

The subject hasn't even been brought up but I will talk with Mike tomorrow and see if we can get it rolling, I know his new injector room is all up and functioning now.

under pressure

Reaction score
Been looking at info on the sureflows, seen several guys looking to run the 200/100s.
I was wondering what these are capable of. Thanks !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.