Gfulton's Build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Good deal!

I can attest to the power, I think EGTs might be a hair lower, but Gary will have to confirm since I didn't have alot of time behind the wheel with the 64 setup.

yeah it was dead on i couldnt believe it. oh well !

smokinstroker

Reaction score
On my old jeep scrambler I was to lazy to turn them around so I just spray painted the letters flat black....lol

this is the best post of the thread!

Gary the truck looks great, i wouldn't change a thing. And from what Morgan has told me about it, the truck is setup and drives "perfect". hopefully this new turbo puts another smile on your face!

gfulton

Reaction score
this is the best post of the thread!

Gary the truck looks great, i wouldn't change a thing. And from what Morgan has told me about it, the truck is setup and drives "perfect". hopefully this new turbo puts another smile on your face!

Thanks Chris can't wait to drive it............

Gearhead

Reaction score
Gave it a bit more fuel and boost last night.... Morgan says it's too wet to test WOT.

MorganY

Reaction score
Truck got death wobble today at 75mph hitting a rough patch of road after we made some castor adjustments yesterday (lower arm only). Reason for the castor change, we were at ~2.7 degrees and was told it needed to be in the range of 5 with the lift size. All components are tight, coils have a slight bow. Yes, the track bar is solid, no play what so ever.

There was no death wobble with a 2.7 degree castor, only until changed to 5 degrees.

Every 5/16" is 1 degree of castor. We are at the range of 1.563" today.

The axle is perfectly centered under the truck, verified with the alignment shop, and by road test. I can let go of the wheel and maintain lane.

We have been playing with it since the afternoon, on and off the phone with Dave at OUO. He has said to adjust lower arm until spring is straight. We were test fitting all the way up to with 3" of thread, way past spec, and the coils are still slightly bowed still..

We are out of ideas, and are considering removing them and reinstalling the icon drop brackets.

It's a shame because once we made the castor change, it felt much better suspension wise.

Pics below at ~5 degrees castor

40ABD32C-2B1C-4FA0-85EC-32F2B518CB9A_zpsv5m3urho.jpg

2D1E30C3-5DCD-48A4-9F3A-04F54AD3AF06_zpsuaddezkt.jpg

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
thats strange, i had no problems with the identicle setup. never even touched the alignment.

Latest posts

Members online