Gfulton's Build

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Morgan, I always replace the track rod joint with the upgraded one Dave makes and it completely kills death wobble. It's amazing how much it plays a part in it, at least from my experience. Fwiw, I have 3 trucks running ala's with the joints flawlessly

Reaction score
We just did an OUO track rod joint, ala's and traction bars on 50shooter's truck. It had the same death wobble.... Completely cured it and not only that it seems the ride and drive WAY better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score
Morgan, I always replace the track rod joint with the upgraded one Dave makes and it completely kills death wobble. It's amazing how much it plays a part in it, at least from my experience. Fwiw, I have 3 trucks running ala's with the joints flawlessly

We just did an OUO track rod joint, ala's and traction bars on 50shooter's truck. It had the same death wobble.... Completely cured it and not only that it seems the ride and drive WAY better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I have the exact same setup on mine!

It has the icon adjustable on it right now, still need to move to the OUO unit?

What about dual stabilizers, do you all have those as well?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431089792.428801.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
When I put the ALA's on my truck I had them adjusted and aligned the first time to about 5.5* of caster and I didn't care for how it drove. Seemed to be all over the road and dart with any little movement of the wheel. I had the truck realigned and I am actually running less caster than stock at the moment. I think in the area of 1* and it doesn't drive bad. Best part about ALA's is they are adjustable set them how you like how the truck drives. I plan on adding caster a little at a time and seeing how the truck drives each time to get it exactly where I like it.

jcain

Reaction score
After dozens of adjustments, I decided 3.2*caster was best for my set-up.

MorganY

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't updated the thread in awhile. I have been busy with a conference, and my full time job. Parts came in Thursday. Got everything straightened up (literally). The icon track rod adjusting sleeve was the issue. No matter how tight I got the sleeve, there was too much corrosion and slack in the threads to keep the rod from moving. Before I changed the entire rod, I ended up putting a 1" weld on the sleeve/track rod to verify the fix (which it did correct the problem). I figured it was worth a try, because I was still putting the new one on regardless.

https://youtu.be/Fn_mYVm95ns

Problem ^
9E6340D2-7F92-4B3B-A8F1-44DBC0F8FC78_zpszy55maxs.jpg

427E2BBC-B874-4177-8961-013EADF3A0D1_zpshyvnysir.jpg

32D139DD-8844-4C95-B4CD-6C98F0EC3F24_zpseuog4upb.jpg

Fixed

https://youtu.be/sxEyXEczOA0

As far as the castor adjustments, Gary's is just north of +4°. Anymore castor on his truck and the driveshaft will bind. I ended up playing with castor from 2° through 4.3°. 2, 2.5, and 3.3 felt more harsh than where it is at now.

Latest posts

Members online