Gfulton's Build

dseitler

Reaction score
Gary do you know if that is a 11 Blade 68mm Billet wheel? I guess it was a 67.8 Billet to be exact. I still have one on the shelf. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score
As everyone knows, I really push reliability on these aftermarket setups. One thing I have started doing is condition based monitoring.

Just before Gary picked up his truck, I took a small oil sample and sent it off for testing. I wanted to see how this setup was affecting Gary's engine, if so, in what way. Gary has one year around 575hp, and his metallic numbers came back great, and still had a high number of additives available (TBN: 7.3).

He had 2,500 miles on the oil sample tested, 500 of which were with the new setup. Oil: Conventional Rotella 15W-40.

This is a great way to identify potential issues ahead of time, in can allow one to make corrections and/or identify issues before catastrophic engine damage occurs.

Gary's metallic, or wear-causing, content just under normal (based off predicted 5k ppm values) which is very promising and enlightening, especially with the load it's subjected to, and our environment here during the hot months.

Gary's Viscosity was a hair under spec for that oil grade, so he will be moving to a synthetic as well.

There was a slightly higher silicon content which has been addressed. Gary will pull the air filter and inspect for any damage. There are no leaks on the compressor side. It's not a major concern since an alarming amount of air contaminants would have caused excess wear on the analysis.

This company is spot on when it comes to root cause analysis, so I am sure they are pointing us in the right direction. Again, not a huge concern, but action has been taken.

I thought it would be helpful to share this; these engines are extremely expensive now days. A thirty five dollar analysis can go a long way.

Screenshot%20at%20Jun%2002%2017-34-25_zpsoo0pcbnb.png

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Morgan, great attention to detail and man do you offer awesome customer service! I think I can speak for a lot of the forum when I say that you are top of the line when it comes to 5 star business and we all have the utmost respect for the outstanding professional that you are.

Great work. I look forward to doing business with you soon!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As everyone knows, I really push reliability on these aftermarket setups. One thing I have started doing is condition based monitoring.

Just before Gary picked up his truck, I took a small oil sample and sent it off for testing. I wanted to see how this setup was affecting Gary's engine, if so, in what way. Gary has one year around 575hp, and his metallic numbers came back great, and still had a high number of additives available (TBN: 7.3).

He had 2,500 miles on the oil sample tested, 500 of which were with the new setup. Oil: Conventional Rotella 15W-40.

This is a great way to identify potential issues ahead of time, in can allow one to make corrections and/or identify issues before catastrophic engine damage occurs.

Gary's metallic, or wear-causing, content just under normal (based off predicted 5k ppm values) which is very promising and enlightening, especially with the load it's subjected to, and our environment here during the hot months.

Gary's Viscosity was a hair under spec for that oil grade, so he will be moving to a synthetic as well.

There was a slightly higher silicon content which has been addressed. Gary will pull the air filter and inspect for any damage. There are no leaks on the compressor side. It's not a major concern since an alarming amount of air contaminants would have caused excess wear on the analysis.

This company is spot on when it comes to root cause analysis, so I am sure they are pointing us in the right direction. Again, not a huge concern, but action has been taken.

I thought it would be helpful to share this; these engines are extremely expensive now days. A thirty five dollar analysis can go a long way.

Screenshot%20at%20Jun%2002%2017-34-25_zpsoo0pcbnb.png

mine were almost identicle with delo synthetic, and about 7000 miles at 600+ . motor is still on the stand as i'm not letting go of it !!

gfulton

Reaction score
How is the truck running, Gary?

To be honest I have only driven the truck about 2 times since I got it home.
My son brought his '14 out because it will not fit in his garage and this is hail season around hear. Been driving it and my little Tacoma.

The truck runs awesome. I'm gonna buy Gare's wheels and purchase a set of tires. After I recover from that hit I plan on buying either 3.73s or 4.10s to keep my RPMs above my charger while crusing.......

jcain

Reaction score
Why don't you just change the trans tuning? That's what I did with my larger housing and it was great. Ran 5th til 74 mph and it was nice and happy. It got 1mpg better too.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Well this should be good! Wish I would have regeared mine when I went up in tire size. 4.10s would have been sweet.

And you ever get anywhere with your sons '14?

Latest posts

Members online