Motor Rebuild Help

juniort444e

Reaction score
I have, and i still need to get a wastegate. But wont a smaller housing hurt the top end some. Or would it even matter with big of a charger and my current setup.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Oh i know that, wasnt even expecting to either until i get the other motor. Even with pmr's this truck still moves and wont slow down, until the trans blows up. :doh:

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Save up your pennies and buil the new engine right the first time.... If you try to get by you will pay double in the long run.... Also you may want to get advise from the guys that have built high HP engines and not just the ones that heard or read about them... You can hear and read but dont mean that is what is there.... no tis is just how I feel but what the hell do I know...

bpcheramie

Reaction score
I dont know if you got my point..... U have asked people on the internet what to buy and how many of the guys have a engine with over 500 HP in there truck? Go talk to the ones that are putting down the big numbers on fuel and get the info u really need not just what this one read was good to do....

juniort444e

Reaction score
I got that point bud. I was on the phone with someone the other day talking for quite a while. Some people on here that have completed a build similar to this or bigger dont put much effort into explaining their builds or dont care because they have so many times before to others, and me being somewhat new to this havnt gottn a chance from those to offer up their advice for my help. So im still digging here and there trying to figure out what someones build had, and trying to get whats parts seem to work with everyone and maybe thatll work. Sooner or later when this starts coming together i will be bugging people more for that info tho.

Reaction score
Just an FYI to the OP, I had called wipeout about their rods that they have for sale about a year n a half ago. They are heat treated, deburred forged rods i believe. The gentlemans name is slipping my mind but he had told me then that they had 5 of these sets of rods in 7.3 trucks making 600 to mid 700 horse in the pulling circuit and doing well. The rods were 1200 bucks i believe.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Really!!!! INteresting stuff right there. Might have to give them a call. Thanks for the info C'roy. I talked to a gentleman the other day about one off billet rods a machine shop made him. He never used them because he went a different route, but its one hell of a deal to say the least. SO im all ears on a bargin for a quality part. Thank you.

After rereading your post, are you talking about stock forged rods that they heat treated and what not or ones that they made.

Reaction score
They are the stock forged rods, but they clean them up and put them through a heating process. They told me that with the heat treatment the rods are 50% stronger than just the factory forged rod. These are the rods i plan to use after i get everything going. I can Pm you info for the rods if you'd like

juniort444e

Reaction score
This Was Interesting

After driving around for 4ish hours spotting deer and having a little fun this ended our night...

Attachments

• QuickOilChangePort.jpg
    QuickOilChangePort.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 95

neverkickn

Reaction score
After driving around for 4ish hours spotting deer and having a little fun this ended our night...

Your latest mod.........PMR deleteLOL

Sorry man that really isn't funny. How far along are you on the build of your other block?

MINK

Reaction score
and yet everyone wants to keep pushing pmrs...Ive been saying it for years now to leave the pmr trucks stock, ofcourse that was a lesson I had to learn myself aswell LOL....goodluck with the build man.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Your latest mod.........PMR deleteLOL

Sorry man that really isn't funny. How far along are you on the build of your other block?
Havent even started. I have been waiting to get the motor of a member, and since he was coming to ohio i didnt have to pay shipping. I am meeting him this week sometime if i can get someone to take me to pick up the short block. I also have a buddy who knows someone who's selling his whole setup very cheap because of a cummins swap. So im going to pick that up soon as he takes it all out and just swap my stuff over and drop it in.

It probably blew because the engine is so dirty.
You wanna come over this way and clean my truck and engine bay a few times a month. Be my guest bud, but there is no way i am scrubbing that everytime i go on these nasty dirt roads or get stuck in a field, which i did a few days back. lmao
and yet everyone wants to keep pushing pmrs...Ive been saying it for years now to leave the pmr trucks stock, ofcourse that was a lesson I had to learn myself aswell LOL....goodluck with the build man.
Thank you, I wasnt really trying to push them as i was just trying to keep it alive. But i did push it a little to far and well here i am. It took a beating for awhile tho.
Het Greg...you have a hole in your block
Hey Josh....Its called thermodynamic accoutrements anomalistic circumlocutions.

Latest posts

Members online