My MPD 66

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Loaded the xrace today just to see what it would do. Pretty powerful, much stronger then the stock turbos and the x race. boost still only got to about 45psi. Not really a street tune in my opinion, very smokey and extremely touchy when it locks up. Also has about twice as much lag then the x street.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Loaded the xrace today just to see what it would do. Pretty powerful, much stronger then the stock turbos and the x race. boost still only got to about 45psi. Not really a street tune in my opinion, very smokey and extremely touchy when it locks up. Also has about twice as much lag then the x street.

ouch....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im not gonna go on... i was just expecting it to be pretty driveable. are you happy with its street manners? i ordered the 475 kit and im concerned about the street manners. craigs dyno video scares me.... ill try it, but there's no way in hell i would drive around town if my truck smokes like that.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
on the mid range tunes yes its streetable, just not for everyone. If you live in a large city, stick with stockers or go to tow powers. I personally dont like having a lot of smoke behind me while driving around town, especially when im passing someone right after lock up. The xstreet is about as high of a tune ill drive on the street. I think the New mild tune is probably perfect. I have a video of my go pro sitting in my bed facing the stack to show the smoke while driving around but my computer wont upload it. If i can get my buddy to load it for me ill post it up. One of these days ill hook up to a trailer and see how it tows, i just worry about going up a hill with a load doing 55 or so when i locks up.

Ill also be hitting the track saturday. Should have someone filming me make a couple passes.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
on the mid range tunes yes its streetable, just not for everyone. If you live in a large city, stick with stockers or go to tow powers. I personally dont like having a lot of smoke behind me while driving around town, especially when im passing someone right after lock up. The xstreet is about as high of a tune ill drive on the street. I think the New mild tune is probably perfect. I have a video of my go pro sitting in my bed facing the stack to show the smoke while driving around but my computer wont upload it. If i can get my buddy to load it for me ill post it up. One of these days ill hook up to a trailer and see how it tows, i just worry about going up a hill with a load doing 55 or so when i locks up.

Ill also be hitting the track saturday. Should have someone filming me make a couple passes.

got ya.. so its kinda like a 7.3 .... i enjoy being able to drive around at 650+ smoke free... i guess thats why twins is the best of both worlds... so to speak. i just wanna run the 475 down the track with dual fuelers once to see..im guessing my trans will live longer with the single, but maybe not my pistons.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is craig running a really loose converter? Even then the problem is more when the converter locks.

Now you guys can see why I got rid of my single at 6000 feet.

What I think you should do is give mike @ kem a call and have him send you a non vgt 275 tune with the tow haul button acting like a overdrive off button... that made my truck alot better. And even now I wish I had a tune like that for certain times.

Sent from my DROIDX

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Is craig running a really loose converter? Even then the problem is more when the converter locks.

What I think you should do is give mike @ kem a call and have him send you a non vgt 275 tune with the tow haul button acting like a overdrive off button... that made my truck alot better. And even now I wish I had a tune like that for certain times.

Sent from my DROIDX

So the tow haul button in that tune really unlocks the converter? That would be cool if I could get Eric to do that on mine.

Tune's will come around this is all still new territory for the 6.4, but you always have the option of adding a LP turbo to it.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

no i had a standard suncoast with the 66 with the 75 i have a 6.0 converter in it because they seem to last longer

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

You have to have a boost leak of some sort or exhaust leak because there is no way it should be that laggy

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Do you have bigger injector or stock? I heard that injectors help a lot with spool up. What gears dose your truck have in it? My high gears ans big tires are what kinda scare me.. ithink im only at like 1750 at like 75...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Do you have bigger injector or stock? I heard that injectors help a lot with spool up. What gears dose your truck have in it? My high gears ans big tires are what kinda scare me.. ithink im only at like 1750 at like 75...

Yeah... I see a regear in your future

Sent from my DROIDX

Super08Duty

Reaction score
You have to have a boost leak of some sort or exhaust leak because there is no way it should be that laggy

No visible exhaust leaks, and i dont see any areas where boost could be leaking. Any word on when the wg plumbing will be here? i might just make something work for now.

Completely stock fuel system for now.3.73s and 31.5" of rubber

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Your turning plenty of RPM to make it streetable then. There are two possible issues. I'll let everyone think about those. lol

Latest posts

Members online