Options for Compounds with a 38R

Jomax

Reaction score
The big trucks with 300hp are pushing 1000ft lbs of torque.

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

TyCorr

Reaction score

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

Yea, we aren't. We don't have the drive train for it. Apple's to Apple's. That's the whole point of our discussion here. Limiting power to keep from boiling the axles out. Or Anything else. Either drop coin on custom cooling for all drivetrain components or limit power. Or get a semi :D

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I pulled 14 5X6 round bales for two years with my OBS..... Then whent out and bought a semi with a 350 cummins and 13 speed tranny... Now I can take 31 bales at a shot...

WOW just realized this is whay of topic!! Sorry DocBar!!!

DocBar

Reaction score
I pulled 14 5X6 round bales for two years with my OBS..... Then whent out and bought a semi with a 350 cummins and 13 speed tranny... Now I can take 31 bales at a shot...

WOW just realized this is whay of topic!! Sorry DocBar!!!
No worries. I hauled my share of hay when I owned a cutting horse operation.

Charles

Reaction score

TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

Engine torque doesn't matter.....

And 300hp semis don't go any faster on those hills with the same loads. Now the 400+hp ones do.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
southerners with their light hay. LOL

i just baled a waterway, 5ft wide round baler, set the moniter to 72", spit one out, and weighed it, just cuz you guys had me curious.

simple grass weighed in at 1300 ish lbs. the hay field, that weighed in at about 1950 ish lbs. per bale.

keep your rpm down, and your travel speed up, and you will pack them tighter. total pita to have a stack of 50 loose saggy bales when it could be 40 tight ones.

sorry docbar. any further progress on your decision? and fwiw, if you cannot weld the greatest on stainless, make it out of simple steel, something thats cheap to fk up, and take it somewhere, and go make this.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a fuel bowl delete system that works with the Gen3? I've talked to a few vendors but they say their set up isn't compatible with the Gen3.

Charles

Reaction score
southerners with their light hay. LOL

i just baled a waterway, 5ft wide round baler, set the moniter to 72", spit one out, and weighed it, just cuz you guys had me curious.

simple grass weighed in at 1300 ish lbs. the hay field, that weighed in at about 1950 ish lbs. per bale.

keep your rpm down, and your travel speed up, and you will pack them tighter. total pita to have a stack of 50 loose saggy bales when it could be 40 tight ones.

sorry docbar. any further progress on your decision? and fwiw, if you cannot weld the greatest on stainless, make it out of simple steel, something thats cheap to fk up, and take it somewhere, and go make this.

Explain how you get bales that size to efficiently make use of an 8 foot wide trailer and you'll see why nobody that actually hauls the stuff would ever make a bale of those dimensions.

I made some 5 x 6 bales in the past.... and only took home a fraction of what the trailer could haul because not only could I not get them side by side... but I couldn't even get them stacked one atop the other without being obnoxiously illegal.

Now if you're just easing down a country road, back to the barn.... then make them 5 x 7, lol.

Also with density comes a line between a nice tight bale and a nightmare of a pos that you can't get a spear into or out of...

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
charles : the pic you showed of your truck loaded with hay, is exactly how i load mine. with one small exception.

you put two rows on top, i put one on top in the middle. you haul 14, i haul 11.

i usually only have to go no more than 20 miles though, i dont haul them around the country like your 100 miles. :D

Doc : this is from that other place, tarm had a pretty good write up. http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63784&page=2&highlight=400+bucks+spend post 16.

i used that list, used some work discounts on parts, and got everything for about $275ish. thats everything from the pump forward, deleting the fuel bowl, and i used hose for everything instead of hard line.

keep in mind, thats a diy rr, so some of that you would not need, if you already have a rr. take his list, draw it out on paper, and see what you already have, and you can erase it off the list, and get whats left.

you can use different filters or bases or modify the list however.

DocBar

Reaction score
charles : the pic you showed of your truck loaded with hay, is exactly how i load mine. with one small exception.

you put two rows on top, i put one on top in the middle. you haul 14, i haul 11.

i usually only have to go no more than 20 miles though, i dont haul them around the country like your 100 miles. :D

Doc : this is from that other place, tarm had a pretty good write up. http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63784&page=2&highlight=400+bucks+spend post 16.

i used that list, used some work discounts on parts, and got everything for about $275ish. thats everything from the pump forward, deleting the fuel bowl, and i used hose for everything instead of hard line.

keep in mind, thats a diy rr, so some of that you would not need, if you already have a rr. take his list, draw it out on paper, and see what you already have, and you can erase it off the list, and get whats left.

you can use different filters or bases or modify the list however.
I'm doodling right now. :D

I talked to Marty today and will get him some pics of what I have if it ever stops raining. Nice evening thunder-bumpers rolling around this evening.

I think all I'll need is the Y-block, but I'm figuring this out as I can while working a bazillion hours a week.

I talked with Pius today and he said it would be better to just stick with the GQ instead of going to the expense of getting the newer turbine wheel. He should get the new part for the primary by the end of next week. After that, it's all go, no quit. I should have the 400/200's in hand by next week, also.

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
hmmmmmm.

all i got to say about that,

is fk you and your rain. :D

my corn is thirsty.

without flipping back through several pages, how bout a recap of whats in it, whats goin in it, and what your goals are.

looking at it, your aiming for upper 500's low 600's? and be tow heavy friendly?

DocBar

Reaction score
hmmmmmm.

all i got to say about that,

is fk you and your rain. :D

my corn is thirsty.

without flipping back through several pages, how bout a recap of whats in it, whats goin in it, and what your goals are.

looking at it, your aiming for upper 500's low 600's? and be tow heavy friendly?
I've got my built block (crowers, coated pistons, cam, headwork,etc.) and I'm going to 400/200's and basically copying Blowby's setup.

I'm wanting as much RWHP as I can get and still be tow friendly. I don't tow often, but when I do, it's usually 1,000 miles or more at a time.

The final build should be compounds with ???/GQSSB, 400/200's, Gen3 and SRP1 w/dual IPR's. Blowby hit 800 on fuel only with, I believe, 400/400's. I'm realistically looking for high 600's to low 700's. I want to keep all the pressures and torque in check as much as possible.

Charles

Reaction score
I've got my built block (crowers, coated pistons, cam, headwork,etc.) and I'm going to 400/200's and basically copying Blowby's setup.

I'm wanting as much RWHP as I can get and still be tow friendly. I don't tow often, but when I do, it's usually 1,000 miles or more at a time.

The final build should be compounds with ???/GQSSB, 400/200's, Gen3 and SRP1 w/dual IPR's. Blowby hit 800 on fuel only with, I believe, 400/400's. I'm realistically looking for high 600's to low 700's. I want to keep all the pressures and torque in check as much as possible.

When did mike hit 8 hundo on fuel? I thought heui 7.3 injectors were still at 700 corrected?

DocBar

Reaction score
When did mike hit 8 hundo on fuel? I thought heui 7.3 injectors were still at 700 corrected?
That's according to Pius and someone else. I can't remember who. Maybe Mike will pop in and clarify.

I have been under the impression he was >800 on fuel and sprayed to >1,000.
I don't know any details on it.

Latest posts

Members online