Options for Compounds with a 38R

TARM

Reaction score
Marty should be the best to go thru when you need something customized. By not using prepared bent hard line but hose its much easier to make changes. Marty•s posts and info were the ones I first learned off of when I did my first fuel system. I like that he still makes changes as he finds a better way or part to incoprorate.

The main issue you have is the front lines and reg mounting location. Should be easy adjustment. With some changes is hose length and possibly a different angle of fitting.

DocBar

Reaction score
Marty should be the best to go thru when you need something customized. By not using prepared bent hard line but hose its much easier to make changes. Marty•s posts and info were the ones I first learned off of when I did my first fuel system. I like that he still makes changes as he finds a better way or part to incoprorate.

The main issue you have is the front lines and reg mounting location. Should be easy adjustment. With some changes is hose length and possibly a different angle of fitting.
I'm hoping I can keep the regulator where it is, mounted with a bracket to the alternator. I'm pretty swamped at work right now and my son is visiting this week, so I haven't had a lot of time to get under the hood. I'm also spending time looking for a beater to drive around once I get going full bore on this.

Marty was extremely helpful over the phone. Hopefully I can get the pics he needs in the next day or so. It's been raining quite a bit here and I don't have anything but mud to lay in if I get under the truck.

neverkickn

Reaction score
No. The hypermax mount attaches to the up pipe collector via a 4 bolt square flange. Your round v band DI uppies are specific to the turbine housing on the super duty charger.

DocBar

Reaction score
Unimportant update: I'm waiting on Pius to get me a primary turbo. This, evidently, is a slow process, but I'm sure it's worth the wait. I've got most of the other parts together.

I'm going to the ROK Nov 30th then Saudi Arabia in February, so I'll probably have the compounds installed for me while I'm playing in the sand box.

TARM

Reaction score
Yes it can be Pius is one man and he is quit popular. Great guy that has forgotten more than many collectively will ever know about turbos. It will be worth the wait I am sure.

DocBar

Reaction score
Talked to Pius today and I'll be getting the atmospheric soon. I agreed to help test bed it, along with Mike to speed up the process. Hopefully, itlives up to expectations. My wife is nowhere near as understanding as Chris' is with this stuff. Sending the GQSSB in for mods, as well.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well, I'm starting to move forward with a few things. I'm getting the parts together to do the fuel bowl delete right now. When I get back home, around the 24th, I'll be doing that, installing the injectors' the GQSSB and sending the chip to Matt to get new tunes. Still waiting on the LP turbo. I'm still not sure on using nitrous, but I'm ordering my IC pipes and Y with bungs already installed so I can add it if I want to.

How do y'all think I'll like the GQSSB compared to the 38R?

Charles

Reaction score
I was just suggesting some things to a buddy about a new compound setup, and we decided to go with an S3 and a GT55-94. Best bang for the buck, and should pull really good power with easy response. Plus with an S3 you can practically get turbo parts at the grocery store...

If I rework my setup it will also be an S3 with the 55.

Don't ever purposefully set yourself up with secret squirrel bs that you can't replace readily.

DocBar

Reaction score
Have they made the turbo yet or are you still waiting for it to be built? The LP that is.
Pius is building a few of them. I'm on the waiting list for one of the 1st ten, according to him.

I was just suggesting some things to a buddy about a new compound setup, and we decided to go with an S3 and a GT55-94. Best bang for the buck, and should pull really good power with easy response. Plus with an S3 you can practically get turbo parts at the grocery store...

If I rework my setup it will also be an S3 with the 55.

Don't ever purposefully set yourself up with secret squirrel bs that you can't replace readily.
I hear ya on the secret stuff, but since I'm basically copying a known, well running set up, I'm not overly concerned about it.

If your inbox wasn't always full, you might've talked me into going that route.:slap: LOL

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
After watching David and Dennis blow it up at the NHRDA Texas Nationals, I might reassess and go with a single 469FMW from Irate. That should put me square in the middle of where David guaranteed HP and BTS guaranteed the trans. Then again, I might just figure David sucks at building trans...LMAO

His motor seems to be holding up ok and so does mine, minus oil leaks in the valley.

Latest posts

Members online