Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Dave

Reaction score
Rust oleum AZ Beige matches almost perfect if they still make it

suprhlr

Reaction score
looks good Matt, for the P/N safety I used the P/N wire (ground when in these positions) off the trans harness and ran it to a relay for the starter circuit

Bosshawg600

Reaction score
Hopefully I get to see this some time soon!

Unfortunatly, Ill be with out a truck for a while, so drooling at yours will suffice!!!

Matt_P

Reaction score
looks good Matt, for the P/N safety I used the P/N wire (ground when in these positions) off the trans harness and ran it to a relay for the starter circuit

Thanks! and ok great that should work then!

Hopefully I get to see this some time soon!

Unfortunatly, Ill be with out a truck for a while, so drooling at yours will suffice!!!

yeah Im sure youll see it soon!

Hopefully I'll stop seeing it several times a week soon! LOL

:poke:

LOL yeah hopefully, just got my 97 wiring harness in today and its got everything I need, even grid heater wiring so im in business now!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Alright a little more progress. Lower radiator hoses are a pain to make on these but I got that done today, its not pretty but Im gonna try and get parts to make a much nicer one and run this hose temporarily.

I need to go tomorrow and buy more bends for my IC pipes and downpipe. Most of what I spent my time on today was the transmission wiring. I got the harness all taken apart and labeled and started removing all the unneeded wires. Im gonna also run the Fuel shutoff solenoid and grid heaters off the dodge PCM as well.

Here are a couple pictures:

More wiring mess
DSC01218.jpg

Almost everything routed
DSC01219.jpg

Shiny voltage regulator
DSC01221.jpg

No more 6.0 badges
DSC01223.jpg

Coming back together
DSC01224.jpg

Better quality shot of the factory matched gauges
DSC01226.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looking good Matt... Bet you can't wait to get it finished up!

Thanks! Yeah Im really antsy to finally roll it out of the shop!

Soo glad to see it finally coming back together. Hopefully get it back to driving real soon!!

Thanks Josh! I hope to be driving it within two weeks, unfortunately I wont get to touch it at all next week since I have to go home for a family reunion.

Your getting closer man!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Sure am! Hope to make some more good progress tomorrow

Matt_P

Reaction score
Hellva write up Matt........its gonna be sweet,..... for a Fummins :poke:

Thanks Julian! Gotta do the best I can since it is a FumminGs LOL

More progress: Spent all day today making all my piping. IC pipes and downpipe are all tacked up. Now Im not a fabricator by any means so its not perfect. These took a lot longer to make than I expected. Now Im just gonna have a friend weld them up for me as I really dont have much experience with a MIG. Here are some pictures of them all mocked up though. The passenger side IC pipe was a pain since I had to wrap it up in a U shape to run the intake under it.

For the downpipe I made it a 2 piece and it also clears the stock dodge trans dipstick as well. I will be able to pull the top piece off and out of the truck from under the hood so itll be easy to get out of there if need be. I also decided to paint match my mirror caps as well today.
DSC01230.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looking good. I'm ready to see it out that shop

thanks! and me too! My friend finished welding my piping for me this morning before I headed home to chicago for the week. Should hopefully be just a couple more days when I get back before I can pull it out the shop!

Latest posts

Members online