question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i dont think the 4x4 knob would pull out if the truck didnt have a rear locker. a light on the dash should come on when you pull it out, and it will automatically kick off and unlock once you get over 20 mph. thought the rear locker would be sweet for racing, but then ford screwed us there by having it un lock automatically. SPE makes a kit where it will lock and stay locked. but i dont use it enough to invest in that feature. But it comes in handy when your taking off from read lights or in stop in go traffic with a heavy load behind it. As well as pulling your boat out of the water up the boat ramp, that makes it a nice feature to have and use.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
i dont think the 4x4 knob would pull out if the truck didnt have a rear locker. a light on the dash should come on when you pull it out, and it will automatically kick off and unlock once you get over 20 mph. thought the rear locker would be sweet for racing, but then ford screwed us there by having it un lock automatically. SPE makes a kit where it will lock and stay locked. but i dont use it enough to invest in that feature. But it comes in handy when your taking off from read lights or in stop in go traffic with a heavy load behind it. As well as pulling your boat out of the water up the boat ramp, that makes it a nice feature to have and use.

Yes a light on the screen pops up when I pull it out. It is a drive train looking symbol with an X between the 2 rear wheels.

I think it is the same symbol as the 4x4 except there is no X in between the front 2 wheels.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
It will still pull out even if it's not equipped with the e locker.

If you're going over 20mph does the dash say to slow down to 20mph to engage locker?

live life full throttle

No it didn't say that but the symbol will go off over 20mph and I can feel somthing disengage in the rear end. Then if I turn or slow back down the symbol pops back up automatically if the knob is still pulled out.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Well I guess that's cool if it came with the truck. I don't know how they choose which trucks get certain extras but I'm not mad.

sootie

Reaction score
its worth the 50 bucks or whatever to get the SPE kit that keeps it locked at all speeds. its very simple to exceed 20mph while spinning.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Lol what a genius. I just realized the damn symbol to pull out and lock the rear is on the knob.

e6a7ahas.jpg

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Got a CEL on at 9400 miles. Truck not running different, hoping it's a sensor or something stupid. I'll update as I know, have a call in to the dealer.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
It's ready to go, I just went away for the weekend. I'll pick it up Sunday so we shall see how it goes. Glad I got the extended warranty when I bought the truck. I'll let you guys know if something else goes wrong.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to turn the my key off? I had no idea what it did until I turned it on and now I can't find how to turn it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to turn the my key off? I had no idea what it did until I turned it on and now I can't find how to turn it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You need to insert your second key into it and when you go inot the settings menu it will give you the option to turn my key off... if both keys have been activated with my key then you have to go to tye dealer and have them turn it off for you...

My key sucks ass, bad!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online