Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
2013-01-26_12-22-42_898.jpg

Well, I just finished testing on this turbo, which is our standard Tow Power atmosphere, but with the batmowheel.

The previous data in this thread is useful as a reference between the previous tests, but invalid from here on out, as I had to start over the testing with different tunes. Here are the dyno graphs for testing this round up to this point.
Batmo_versus_Stock.jpg

65_Batmo_vs_71_Batmo.jpg

If the graphs are too small to read, you can see them larger in this thread: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29272
Now I'm headed back to the dyno today to test the one below.

2013-01-26_12-22-50_465.jpg

This is the K31, 71 mm atmospheric turbo I'm currently running. This is also the version we released several years ago, that evolved into the one we currently run with the precision wheel, and was cancelled in favor of the precision unit. You can expect dyno results on this one in the next several days. After this one, we'll be doing our conventional 71 mm with the precision wheel, then on to the 72.4 mm tow power plus.

After those tests, we'll do the VGT upgrade testing, and then on to larger atmospheric options.

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, there was a lot of suck factor tonight, offset slightly with some progress on the nitrous kit. I just finished the 2.5 hr turbo data logging, and when I went to save it, the laptop mouse wigged out and lost 6 of my 7 logs. That was a nice waste of an afternoon. Maybe time for a new laptop. The thing's been on the fritz for a while, but I had to walk away before I broke something expensive.

So, on to the good news: One of the benefits of a long bed, is my 15# bottle fits nicely in front of the LR tire, up where nobody will see it once I put front splash guards in. Looks like I might find out the limit of the 60 HP nozzles by this weekend.
2013-01-28_22-05-36_978.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well, there was a lot of suck factor tonight, offset slightly with some progress on the nitrous kit. I just finished the 2.5 hr turbo data logging, and when I went to save it, the laptop mouse wigged out and lost 6 of my 7 logs. That was a nice waste of an afternoon. Maybe time for a new laptop. The thing's been on the fritz for a while, but I had to walk away before I broke something expensive.

So, on to the good news: One of the benefits of a long bed, is my 15# bottle fits nicely in front of the LR tire, up where nobody will see it once I put front splash guards in. Looks like I might find out the limit of the 60 HP nozzles by this weekend.
2013-01-28_22-05-36_978.jpg

The good news about a slightly broken lap top is that you don't feel all that bad when you destroy it.

Oh and self tappers through the bed side ftw! Lol

Wayne

Reaction score
The good news about a slightly broken lap top is that you don't feel all that bad when you destroy it.

Oh and self tappers through the bed side ftw! Lol

No, no, no.:gun: No self tappers for me. perhaps some new tires soon though. The front splash guard was factory on the 7.3 super duties, nearly identical to the existing rear ones. All of the mounting points are still there on the newer trucks. I guess Ford just couldn't justify the extra $5 it costs them to include the shields in the front:shrug: I sure thought about mounting the bottle in the bed, because I really didn't want to make brackets, but having a fully open bed is a very nice thing for practical purposes.

Last edited:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Is that the new neon lighting on it? I read about that on the Honda forum. Bad ass! Ha ha ha. Looks nice man. Clean.

Wayne

Reaction score
Oh yeah!:naughty: I just haven't had the time to put the red tint on it:doh:

that would be a streamlight so the pic wasn't totally black inside the fender.;)

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Oh yeah!:naughty: I just haven't had the time to put the red tint on it:doh:

that would be a streamlight so the pic wasn't totally black inside the fender.;)

I just got the knuckhead. Love it !

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I hate the bottle in my bed. I take it out and plug the hose, that damn thing gets in the way all the time. I don't use it enough to justify it there.

Wayne

Reaction score
This applies to anyone mounting a nitrous bottle, but especially Erik, if you want to re-locate yours.

Considering the location & size of your fuel filter, and your bed being shorter, we can't put your bottle in like mine is, but I think we can get around the amp steps if we mount it in front of the RR tire. Obvously, we would need the rock shields too. It would have to sit where the bottom of the bottle, at the back, is about 1.5" below the bottom of the bed side, but still inconspicuous. It would have to sit lower because the top of the bottle will be under the cab, which has a lower height clearance. It would also be a pain to open/close it w/o a remote bottle opener, especially with the amp's, but do-able. It's also going to be hard to read the mechanical bottle pressure gauge; still do-able though. Based on how much you plan on using it. you could either deal with the inconvenience for the few times you use it, or do an in-cab gauge, and remote opener if you plan on using it a lot. I just had to put mine under the bed because I hate tripping over my bottle brackets, and not being able to load stuff how I want as I regularly use my truck as it's intended.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I know it wouldn't fit where yours will and I am pretty much stuck with it in the bed. The amt of work and a remote opener etc would pretty much kill the remote mount for me. I just take it out, it is easier. I was just bitching out loud. LOL

JD, I don't know what you are talking about. I drive like a grandma, never over half throttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online