Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgleason

Reaction score
i made 800 with 60's with small jets ... i think max will be under 900.

I bet you're right. Andy's truck at dpc probably didn't have a whole lot left on the table... Dual fuelers and tuning will really be the only advantages... Bet it's around 875 with that monster drivetrain lol

Wayne

Reaction score
I feel pretty safe only having 60 hp nozzles to work with. That won't be enough fuel to blow anything up as long as I'm half way intelligent about it. The controller is sophisticated enough that when properly programmed, it's pretty much impossible for it to spray when you don't want it to. When I do get around to testing it I imagine it will be somewhere in the 800's... at least with these nozzles.:lookaround: The plan will be to spray until it's perfectly clean, then a little more so egt's will stay between 1300*-1500*. Don't want to cool it more or it will potentially quench the fire.

Above all, I need this truck to run right for the planned turbo tests, so I won't be considering anything dumb for a while at least. FWIW, Max solenoid flow capability is two .120" jets. Matt @ gearhead said he would be willing to extend the pulse width after tdc for additional power on a nitrous only tune, but that's not on my radar any time soon. Apparently with what he has in mind, if I run that tune very hard without spraying, I'll see extreme egt's and smoke, so since I don't need the info that will provide, but I do need to get to work and back without sharing the excursion with my wife, that will wait for another time if ever.

Wayne

Reaction score

Matt

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm I'm gonna have to check my kit and see if I have the new style or not.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I feel pretty safe only having 60 hp nozzles to work with. That won't be enough fuel to blow anything up as long as I'm half way intelligent about it. The controller is sophisticated enough that when properly programmed, it's pretty much impossible for it to spray when you don't want it to. When I do get around to testing it I imagine it will be somewhere in the 800's... at least with these nozzles.:lookaround: The plan will be to spray until it's perfectly clean, then a little more so egt's will stay between 1300*-1500*. Don't want to cool it more or it will potentially quench the fire.

Above all, I need this truck to run right for the planned turbo tests, so I won't be considering anything dumb for a while at least. FWIW, Max solenoid flow capability is two .120" jets. Matt @ gearhead said he would be willing to extend the pulse width after tdc for additional power on a nitrous only tune, but that's not on my radar any time soon. Apparently with what he has in mind, if I run that tune very hard without spraying, I'll see extreme egt's and smoke, so since I don't need the info that will provide, but I do need to get to work and back without sharing the excursion with my wife, that will wait for another time if ever.

That made me lol Geeze I think they need a few more options on that thing. Optional touch screen to tune in the truck. lol

Only the cool kids have the newest one.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
From what I gather, the main thing gained with the new controller is being able to inject and cut nitrous based off mph. For running the 11.90 class, it will be nice for Wayne.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
From what I gather, the main thing gained with the new controller is being able to inject and cut nitrous based off mph. For running the 11.90 class, it will be nice for Wayne.

Yeah, and when rolling into it on the street. LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Yeah, and when rolling into it on the street. LOL

On occasion, I'm sure:rockon:

2013-01-15_10-57-39_16.jpg

I know it's a beat up looking box, but it's in my possession. I'll post pics of the install of this as I get time. I'm hoping to mount the bottle under the bed, on the outside of the frame, but don't know if I'll have room. I guess we'll see.

HD F250

Reaction score
At least you have a buyer for the kit already if you go BOOM. I always try to look at the bright side. LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Nice to know I have such wonderful friends that have my best interests in mind. :fustrate:
There are no plans for boom noises on this truck except for :lookaround: sonic boom:naughty:

Yeah, JD. It's a loving kind of hate.:toast:

HD F250

Reaction score
There are no plans for boom noises on this truck except for sonic boom

That's what I am talking about!

JD is just mad because the old test mule is going to be faster than his truck. :flipa:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Looking forward to see what happens when you hit it with the 300 shot:poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online