Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MINK

Reaction score
So should I still go ahead and throw the shift kit that I have in the tranny and get custom tuning. Or should I hold off on putting it in when its rebuilt?

I honestly don't see the need for a shift kit all together. Personally, I'd leave it out, it's just one more thing the tuner has to deal with.

Agreed, this was in question when I built mine - I'm not running a shift kit at the moment and love the shifts. Gearhead Race with the presure turned up for every shift feels awesome.

My innovatve race lock shifts alittle harder but not to harsh, I'm very happy.

madman1234509

Reaction score
This is the first Ive heard of this. I was under the impression that a shift kit was just a regular part of built transmissions that companies make. Im not going to derail this thread anymore and will start a thread for discussion/debate

Wayne

Reaction score
I've been running some custom gearhead tunes for the past couple weeks, and the trans has been doing great. I also got a little present in the mail today. Thanks Eric.
2012-11-28_16-08-02_661_1_.jpg

I'll be trying out the new tunes, then I'll decide on a tune to complete the turbo testing. Hopefully by the first part of next week I can get back to the dyno for new base-line data, and move forward. The trans and tuning setbacks have really slowed the project, but this cloud finally has a silver lining. More info to follow once I decide on a tune, and hit the rollers again.

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, with all the problems I had with my transmission in the past, and the 3.03 tunes not being adjustable for my needs, we started over testing using a variation of gearhead tunes. I don't have all the data straightened out yet, but I re-dynoed with the drop in batmo, then the stock wheel, and one of the 71's, all with gearhead tuning. Another 71 will also be going on next week, so it's safe to say we're making good progress finally.

As soon as we get some time to organize everything, I'll post up results, but it might take a week or so since we're slammed at the shop now. The trans is working great now, and is really nice to drive just cruising. It's nearly 100% smoke free unless I lay into it hard off idle.

It's not part of the turbo testing, but the brown santa is scheduled to bring me a little present some time next week so I can have some fun at the track, and see just how far I can go on 60 hp nozzles. Some day I hope to have enough turbo to justify injectors several sizes larger, but until then, I'll be discovering the limits of these injectors.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Whats in store for Big Red next Wayne? It will be cool to see how far you can go on 60 hp nozzles and duel pumps.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Nitrous kit? Was hoping a blue truck was the reason you are so busy in the shop now.

Wayne

Reaction score
Got me this kit on it's way. Same as yours Erik, aside from a more advanced controller they came out with somewhat recently.
NXD4000.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That was the only thing I could think of and coming from the brown truck. And you had to throw in that it is the same except for the new advanced controller. LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
And you had to throw in that it is the same except for the new advanced controller. LOL
LOL I had to throw that little jab in there. I just want to be able to be consistent at the track this year. I would have gladly taken the identical controller to yours if they offered me a better deal, but that's how the kit comes now. With all the different turbos I'm testing, I want to be able to have a variable compensation tool more consistent than my foot to run in the 11.90 NHRDA index. I wouldn't mind setting a few personal records either.

Maybe this way, if I end up testing nozzles, the nitrous will be a good tool to test the Max capability of each of the sizes we offer... at least until I worry about blowing up something I can't afford to fix.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
What did they change in the controller? I can only imagine what size jets you may end up running towards the end of the day. LOL

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I can only imagine what size jets you may end up running towards the end of the day. LOL

:axe:

How much do you think you will get out of the truck with the setup that is on it right now?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
:axe:

How much do you think you will get out of the truck with the setup that is on it right now?

i made 800 with 60's with small jets ... i think max will be under 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online