Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
I got around to installing the Insight CTS tonight. I didn't realize it until I updated the unit, but it now automatically pulls up fuel rail pressure and exhaust back pressure with a zero baseline. I also opted for the back-up camera, and two auxiliary pressure sensors so I can monitor fuel supply pressure, and atmospheric turbo pressure for test purposes. I got the turbo timer too, but ran out of time to install it tonight.
IMG_20130408_230956_997.jpg

It's kind of a crappy pic, but you get the idea. Not like nobody has seen one before. EBP is top right, I'm mostly excited for that one because having atmospheric pressure already deducted makes it real easy to dial in the wastegate with different turbo mods.

JDub

Reaction score
Turbo timer is super easy to do on the 6.4, just tap the fuses they tell ya to. 5 minute job.

You been a busy guy, probably got the drawers on your toolbox worn out...

Sent from my XT907

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Jacob. I haven't even looked at the instructions yet. If things go well, I won't have to change anything else on the truck until at least next week LOL

pog

Reaction score
i dont remember you doing the steering wheel grip mod LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
I know you're jealous. :pimp: It's the $8 Wally World special I've had on since I bought the truck. I know it's ugly, but It's one of those quirks I've got I guess. i don't like any others for some odd reason.

Wayne

Reaction score
Hey! I'm not the one with the rough rider steering wheel

i-am-not-the-gay-friend-you-are-looking-for.jpg

I'm also not the one getting turned on by a steering wheel cover. :shrug: If you're really that lonely, I'm sure JD could recommend you so some of the "other" websites he frequents. :lookaround:

jdgleason

Reaction score
i-am-not-the-gay-friend-you-are-looking-for.jpg

I'm also not the one getting turned on by a steering wheel cover. :shrug: If you're really that lonely, I'm sure JD could recommend you so some of the "other" websites he frequents. :lookaround:

Chris, my computers broken... You'll have to pull them straight out of Wayne's favorites.

Wayne

Reaction score
LOL oh, gross! Leave it to JD to take it to the next level! *also backing away from current topic, but very quickly*

Wayne

Reaction score
Gonna need to make some progress on the truck now to cover up the queer vibe of the last couple pages. :fustrate:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Sooooooo other than the ribbed things on your truck:lookaround:...... Any more testing been going on with the truck? Any updates for injectors and what not?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Wayne whats next on the agenda for the testing? I thing are going to start getting intresting here real soon!!

Wayne

Reaction score
Swapping nozzles tomorrow on Erik's injectors for DPC. We're pulling off the 110's, and installing 150's. I'll be running his old 110's as soon as I get the time to install them. I've got way too many projects going on now though. I need to get more painting done on Tadd's truck, so later on tonight, after I finish removing Erik's factory rear axle shock mounts I'm on to body work on Tadd's truck for the evenings the rest of the week. Probably do injectors in Buford next week after we do some more air filter testing. I need more reassurance that I have a sufficient air intake before I risk blowing up an expensive prototype turbo.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
On a side note, here's where we're at on the body work for the shorty. I'm hoping I can get the major components of the front end done by this weekend, and then on to the bed. We've considered starting a cosmetic overhaul thread on this truck, but haven't taken the time as it's slow going at the mercy of me finding spare nights and weekends.
IMG_20130409_180326_140.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.