Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
Excellent analogy with the monkey:toast: Yeah, it could have been avoided, and I sure wish it was, but here I am throwing poo :D At least nothing is being rushed to the point that quality is sacrificed.

Wayne

Reaction score
I've been driving it for a few days now with the 110's, and although I haven't gotten anything in the way of data logging or dyno runs yet, I'm pretty surprised at how well it runs. I have a feeling my new 38's won't be lasting as long as I intended.:doh: It's obviously smokier than before, and the pyro rises quicker, but as long as I'm not driving like a complete moron, it's smoke free. Even with the wastegate opening to keep it all safe, I can flat-line the factory boost sensor for a while on a WOT run, with the atmo pushing 45+.

I plan on having my truck capable of towing heavy, so the 59/76 combo with 110's is not ideal for that, (larger turbos and ported intake manifold will be going on very soon) but still very manageable for occasional towing capability. I still haven't run anything but the race tune, but I'm sure it would be real do-able if I had a tow-specific tune. I gotta say Gearhead really nailed the tuning for this setup. This is one combo I'd love to see at low altitude. Hopefully early next week, when we're done dialing in Erik's truck at the dyno, I can strap mine down for some performance gain data on the injector swap.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I've been driving it for a few days now with the 110's, and although I haven't gotten anything in the way of data logging or dyno runs yet, I'm pretty surprised at how well it runs. I have a feeling my new 38's won't be lasting as long as I intended.:doh: It's obviously smokier than before, and the pyro rises quicker, but as long as I'm not driving like a complete moron, it's smoke free. Even with the wastegate opening to keep it all safe, I can flat-line the factory boost sensor for a while on a WOT run, with the atmo pushing 45+.

I plan on having my truck capable of towing heavy, so the 59/76 combo with 110's is not ideal for that, (larger turbos and ported intake manifold will be going on very soon) but still very manageable for occasional towing capability. I still haven't run anything but the race tune, but I'm sure it would be real do-able if I had a tow-specific tune. I gotta say Gearhead really nailed the tuning for this setup. This is one combo I'd love to see at low altitude. Hopefully early next week, when we're done dialing in Erik's truck at the dyno, I can strap mine down for some performance gain data on the injector swap.

please dont make me hurt you
k pumpkin

Wayne

Reaction score
:shocked: :gethim: yeah, aside from Erik's truck, a certain torque converter will need to be installed in a certain truck, and then dyno tuned before I get my info :slap:

Wayne

Reaction score
The track here is open now, so if things at work are under control, this Wednesday after work, I'm gonna see if I can blow it up. I think with 110's and the bottle, it should have a solid 11 in it despite the weight. I may have to give it a small diet, but we will see.:evil I've even considered swapping on the 35's from my excursion, but that sounds like a lot of work. I'll try to run fuel only, and with both stages at full tilt. I'll post the results if I can make it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The track here is open now, so if things at work are under control, this Wednesday after work, I'm gonna see if I can blow it up. I think with 110's and the bottle, it should have a solid 11 in it despite the weight. I may have to give it a small diet, but we will see.:evil I've even considered swapping on the 35's from my excursion, but that sounds like a lot of work. I'll try to run fuel only, and with both stages at full tilt. I'll post the results if I can make it.

I think it prolly has an 11.3-4 in it honestly. On 35's maybe less.

3brorce

Reaction score
Sounds like he is done working on your rig Erik on own to his own schnit now!

Wayne

Reaction score
We've got another one-off VGT on the shelf, waiting to go behind the 76, but customer jobs have been piling up, so there hasn't been much time for all of that. Hopefully after things settle down from DPC, and Tadd's truck is painted we can get back on track with the testing. The hassle with swapping tires is that I have to do it on 2 vehicles, so the excursion will be sitting on jack stands in my garage. That will end up being my ride if I break something. Maybe I just need to quit being a sissy, swap the tires, pull the back seat, tool box, spare tire, and maybe a few other things, and see what she'll do. If I'm lucky, I should be able to get it down to about 8400#. It would be fun to get kicked off the track with that thing.

Wayne

Reaction score
I just checked the forecast this morning, and despite high of 80 today, it's supposed to have 8 inches of snow on the ground Wednesday evening. So if the forecast is even in the ballpark, the test will be postponed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online