Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
Depending on how picky a guy is, the VGT probably won't pass for stock appearing anymore.
IMG_20130528_222533_853.jpg

Down to one more atmoshperic turbo test after this in the foreseeable future, a ported manifold, and then finally on to the permanent combo :redspotdance:

Wayne

Reaction score
Big enough that the nitrous will come off, and stay off. :evil The long block is built well enough for my intentions, but I was only referring to the turbos. I've got a million other ideas, and things I want to do as money and time allow past that, but all my turbo related fasteners are getting pretty worn out by now, so I'll be glad when that's over.

Wayne

Reaction score
I was really loving the 76/59 combo that's been on for a bit. The jury is out until I hit the rollers on this combo, but this VGT is not too much bigger than the 59. It does seem a bit easier to peg the factory boost sensor than with the 59, but can't say for sure at this point exactly how it compares. Not counting the setup currently on the truck, I'd say the 76/59 billet with 60 hp nozzles has been my favorite. There's not a big drop in power over the 110 hp nozzles, but EGT's were noticably less, and heavy throttle smoke output wasn't where it is with these injectors. Before, I could drive around like an idiot, flooring it regularly, and smoke was minimal. Now, that can't happen without ticking off the people to my right. There was also zero exhaust haze at idle before. Now I have a little. It might be able to be tuned out, but as of now, it's not, and gets a little annoying.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thoughts on ptm interior panels? Driving HD 250's truck now, and loving all the gloss black. I'm thinking all the fake wood and gray dash end caps might need to end up gloss red. Think it can be pulled off without looking like some high school kid's truck? BTW, it's the really light tan leather interior.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Gloss red or gloss black, im just curious ss to how it'd look with the color interior you have. I love our gloss black hd interiors. I also really like the carbon fiber 3m dinoc. Ive used it in previous projects and it literally conforms to anything with a blow dryer\heat gun

pog

Reaction score
Black and red carbon fiber hydrographic

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing something like this to my dash/door trim. I have seen pics of the carbon fiber done in hydrographics and it looks bad ass, conforms to anything. Color wise I am kind of at a loss. Blue would be too much, black I don't know if it goes with the KR seats. CF maybe or black.

Wayne, I think red would be too much. Blk or CF in yours, both would go good with the red exterior.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Mike at MPD has his PTM with the truck and it looks completely badass. He does have black interior though.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

madman1234509

Reaction score
On my phone right now so its kind of hard to find a great example. But 3m makes a bunch of different kinds of di-noc film. Different colors of carbon fiber, differet metal and wood grain finishes. It conforms to anything. If you want to do it yourself go with the di noc. Plus the carbon has a slight texture to it where the hydrographics is probably going to be smooth and possibly have a clear coat over it. Either will look sick. Tons of videos on youtube on how to apply di-noc

madman1234509

Reaction score
Only good pictures i could find of my bike. I did a few parts with di-noc. The shroud under the handle bars and the rear fender. The weird parts you see is just water on it after washing the bike.

Attachments

• IMAG0747.jpg
    IMAG0747.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG0680.jpg
    IMAG0680.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.